Main Menu

Introduction

Started by SoftMachine, November 22, 2017, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoftMachine

Hi folks! I've never taken 5-MeO-DMT or DMT for that matter, but I'm very curious about its effects. I have taken quite a number of journeys on LSD, mescaline and mushrooms back in the late 60's and 70's and even as late as the early 90's (some mushrooms), so I'm personally familiar with what some tryptamine derivatives can do to consciousness.

I did read Oroc's Tryptamine Palace and found it a fascinating story of one person's journey into extraordinary realms of consciousness. I also just finished listening to Rafael's interview on the Psychedelics Today podcast, which was excellent. I really appreciate Rafael's reasoned and scientific approach to the 5-Meo-DMT experience.

Handshake

Welcome to the 5 Hive, SoftMachine!

A pleasure to have you here with us, and we look forward to conversations with you. Tryptamine Palace is one of the best books on the subject that exists, second perhaps only to Ralph Metzner's The Toad and The Jaguar. (My opinion)

Welcome aboard, you now have access to post in all the other boards.

Flux

Hi Softmachine,

Welcome - As you would have gathered from Oroc's book, 5-MeO is unique among the tryptamines...just one oxygen molecule at the 5 position and the neuro-chemical key unlocks a whole other door completely :)

cheers,

Flux