Main Menu

Breakthrough

Started by jirobins, February 03, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jirobins

Hello all; so my first experience with entheogens was in my early twenties when a SoCal Hippie came to visit my roommates on Vancouver Island and showed me something I'd never seen before; a sheet of microdot. What followed was an inspired and fluid bike ride along Victoria beaches, bolstered back home with Psychedelic music and large format art books. My mind and heart were opened that day like a certain flower mentioned in Buddhist scripture. The early nineties saw a lot of recreational use of LSD and Psilocibin, always in Nature and always spacious and clearing. Discovered non-duality in University but more the Hegelian Dialectic variety and less the Diamond Sutra. Fast forward to the age of the Internet and a two week, 7 ceremony Ayahuasca Retreat in Peru and my heart was truly opened to a further exploration into the nature of consciousness. More reading Buddhism, some yoga, attempts at choiceless meditation (limited by being a busy Parent of a 13 and 3 year old) and another 3 Aya ceremonies led me to a kind of Psychedelic Buddhism and my current regime of microdosing. I've had one experience with 5meo-DMT however did not get the breakthrough I was after. My intention is to continue pursing the direct path to n0n-dual awareness, greater love and acceptance and hopefully without too much grasping, the breakthrough I've yet to have with 5.  _/|\_

Handshake

Welcome to the Hive!

What a rich history you've had. We look forward to your contributions and thoughts to the discussions here.  _/|\_

Namaste.

gurudedicationananda

Hi,

So, what I gather from your post is that you have not experienced a breakthrough with 5-meo-dmt.
The title of your post is called: "Breakthrough."
But your post is about other entheogenic drug experiences, buddhist literature, and advaita philosophy.
You mention having one experience with 5-meo-dmt but not having the breakthrough experience with it that you sought.
In my humble opinion the title of your post is rather misleading.

Handshake

Quote from: gurudedicationananda on February 08, 2018, 11:20:05 AM
Hi,

So, what I gather from your post is that you have not experienced a breakthrough with 5-meo-dmt.
The title of your post is called: "Breakthrough."
But your post is about other entheogenic drug experiences, buddhist literature, and advaita philosophy.
You mention having one experience with 5-meo-dmt but not having the breakthrough experience with it that you sought.
In my humble opinion the title of your post is rather misleading.

Not sure if it was your intention, but you came off a bit rude in this post. We encourage people to be supportive and welcoming to others in this forum. Please help to perpetuate this atmosphere.
His breakthrough appears to have been through the many modalities of spiritual practice which included study, entheogenic medicine experiences, and reflection. It is open to interpretation.