Author Topic: Omega Brainwave Activity  (Read 57 times)

Offline Rising Spirit

• Pollywog
  • 'Tis a looooooong wind blowing cosmic dust.
    • View Profile
Omega Brainwave Activity
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »
Good evening All.  I would like to present a hypothesis that I initially conceived of decades ago but was rekindled this morning when I watched a video of brother Martin Ball having his brainwave activity monitored while imbibing 5-MeO-DMT.  The process was fascinating and quite remarkable.  I did feel, however, that the scientific paradigm utilized was based wholly on the known territories established by consensus research. 

I feel that there exists a sixth brain wave state, possibly even a seventh but for now let's just focus upon the theory of omega brainwave activity within human cognition.  We are all familiar with:  alpha, theta, delta, beta and gamma.  Yet somehow it seems that there is something else.  I propose the notion of an omega brainwave field.  Much of the mystical experience exists in such a hypothetical state.

I have long suspected that without a closer look at alternate brainwave activities which vibrates on another frequency altogether, we might be missing something quite significant about being human.  Any research along said lines would necessitate a far reaching look into the brain patterning of clairvoyants, monks, mystics, sages and especially, psychonauts.  Does anyone here know if any studies directed to such criteria? 

Admittedly, while technically speaking, I am not a scientist (unless being a trained and well seasoned gemologist holds any pedigree amongst other scientific members, collectively holding the banner of logic and reason, herein)...  but I sense something happening that takes place in a field of conscious-awareness heretofore unexplored.  I've tried to present similar ideas over at the DMT Nexus and had my ass handed to me on a plate.  That being said, I believe that the mystical cannot be separated from the scientific.   Any comments would be most welcomed and appreciated.   _/|\_ _/|\_

Oops, here's the video of Martin's brain scan while peaking on our God Molecule:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKdvO57ve4o
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Offline physics envy

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Brainwave Activity
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
Have you read Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc?  He has a chapter with a theory that might be similar (or maybe completely different) where he theorizes the psychedelic experience akin to a Bose-Einstein condensate from my recollection.  I admit I haven't read the book in many years and don't recall the details, but maybe worth reviewing to see if it's anything similar to what you're considering?

Offline Rising Spirit

• Pollywog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
I found this diagram tonight.  Not exactly what I was alluding to but it shows some broader spectrum of brainwave activities.

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/MohammedAli24/brain-computer-interfaces-6988446

Offline Rising Spirit

• Pollywog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 10:14:50 PM »
Same site.  Interesting stuff but no current data on nondual brain wave frequencies, AKA, the hypothetical omega wave state I am theorizing. 

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/smcmedicinedept/eeg-basics?related=1

Offline Rising Spirit

• Pollywog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
Have you read Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc?  He has a chapter with a theory that might be similar (or maybe completely different) where he theorizes the psychedelic experience akin to a Bose-Einstein condensate from my recollection.  I admit I haven't read the book in many years and don't recall the details, but maybe worth reviewing to see if it's anything similar to what you're considering?

I just ordered it and am awaiting delivery.  I'm pretty eager to crack it open.  Tryptamine Palace's reputation precedes it in my bookcase!  Sounds wonderful for my integration phase.  I have had 3 powerful experiences and need to take a break for now.  My work is to ground the epiphanies, to integrate the lessons learned about the illusory boundaries between within and without, the inside and the outside.  The way is clear and the path a lit by a blinding, all conscious light.   _/|\_ _/|\_

Offline RoundAbout

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 11:45:01 PM »
I don't have any expertise either, but humor me with a few suppositions.

Suppose that this omega brainwave has an amplitude similar to other brain waves, and thus is detectable. Perhaps this is a reasonable trait of a brainwave that you propose is so significant. To find the 'omega' frequency, you could look at a spectrogram made from the Fourier transform of the EEG data. To help visualize this, here an example of a EEG spectrogram: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lAldXrQ41h0/VD0IddnepAI/AAAAAAAACvo/JVi5WDpfI-Y/s1600/spec.png

As you can see, from 90 seconds time (x-axis), activity with a frequency (y-axis) of ~10Hz becomes pronounced as indicated by a prominent, continuous red band. This corresponds to alpha activity, and the author has labelled this as the period they closed their eyes. If a subject was on psychedelics, why couldn't there be a similar but wholly new omega frequency band just sitting in the spectrogram, appearing just as soon as the molecules entered their brain?

EEG is fairly simple technology that is being embraced by hobbyists, and professional researchers presumably have access to even more advanced equipment. There have been studies of people meditating, on drugs, and probably most other interesting states that can be induced while not moving too much. There is immense pressure to publish novel research. Why haven't they discovered this 'omega frequency'? Has it just been sitting there in the data all this time, despite many, many experts looking through this sort of data?

I think everyone would be interested in finding it. So how has it escaped everyone's attention?

Edit: To be more clear, it sounds like you're suggesting something likely detectable in a well researched area based on... a feeling? I doubt you've ever used an EEG to differentiate brain activity... it seems much more likely that you're just being fanciful. If you liked my comment based on believing it was somehow supporting your initial idea, it may be because you have a large bias.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:07:29 PM by RoundAbout »