Main Menu

Intro

Started by Nathan4518, June 19, 2019, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4518

Dear all,
I am getting more into enlightenment recently. Currently I am practing according to Bhante Vimalaramsi's twim meditation method. I have an online retreat coming up. It is supposed to be a fast method into the jhanas and to nibbana, referencing the Buddha's teachings from the suttas themselves. But i've also been watching Leo Gura's videos on YouTube, and so now I am becoming fascinated with using this substance to help with enlightenment. I am a long time drug user, but I have been clean for almost a year and a half, if you don't count being on suboxone, which I have successfully weaned down from and am almost off of. I have just started work after many years of isolation combined with drug use. I have also been listening to Martin Ball, Eckert Tolle, Sadhguru, and other enlightened speakers. I want to find a safe place and guide to have these experiences with. I have been meditating through mindfulness of breathing for over twelve years, with some years off.
Metta,
Nathan

Handshake

Welcome to the Five Hive! I hope you'll find good folks to talk to here and information that can help you on your quest.

Nathan4518

Greetings all,
Thank you! I think I will at least wait until I am off of the suboxone completely before trying it, as it seems that being on no other drugs is helpful. I then need to find some guide maybe in the states or elsewhere, so any help with that would be cool.
Thanks! :)

Nathan4518

Hi all :) ,
Does anyone know anyone near myrtle beach who could guide or sit me? I don't really have any friends to do it. I went down a drug addiction route in high school, and I split from my other friends. That was about fifteen years ago, and I've been a loner for a good portion of that time. It might be nice to have some people who could help me with these sacred medicines. I've been in the area for over two years now taking suboxone as prescribed. It would seem that I am almost off of it, and i'm looking for that life-changing experience to really guide me.
Thanks, nathan

Handshake

Hey Nathan, this forum is for the sharing of information only. It would also be potentially dangerous to meet someone on the Internet who may offer to provide an experience like this to someone in your potentially vulnerable position. I would recommend staying open to the possibility of receiving this at some point, that it will come to you when the time is right and that will be the safest way to experience it. I wish you all the best as you prepare for this and am glad you're here on the forum with us.

Nathan4518

Thanks humble,
I realized that it would be unsafe shortly after posting. I think my mind was a little off that day and also in much desperation. I wound up doing some myself, but i was on so many drugs, so i made a lot if risky moves. I really risked my life by taking it solo. I wound up sniffing 20 mg, and i don't remember anything but someone saying that i was screaming and banging on the walls. I wound up taking more and more, when in hindsight, i probably should have taken less(my rationale was that it was weak..). All of the experiences were forgotten or never happened(idk what happened). I just remember waking up from each one. One time i remember things starting to blur a bit before "slipping off." So that was definitely unwise, but i was having a slip and in the pit of being addicted to drugs, so i was definitely not thinking clearly. I tried laying with my head over the bead so as to help prevent choking. I got to the point where i didn't even do that. so here is just a little horror story for you guys.
It has been a number of days since being just on suboxone, and i feel much better. Agoraphobia and anxiety were getting bad. now i am able to go out and talk again.
Nathan

Abrelosojos

Hi Nathan.

You might want to check out this community,  [size=78%]https://www.meetup.com/connectwithSEAS/[/size]  at Charleston. Be safe.

Nathan4518

:)  Hi abrelosojos,
I went ahead and did that. I think i briefly looked for a psychedelic-based group before there to no avail. Thanks for pointing that out to me.