Main Menu

Uninitiated

Started by ly5urgeon, June 01, 2017, 03:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ly5urgeon

Hello forum of 5-meo enthusiasts!

My personal experience with 5-meo-dmt extends only to snuffed anadenanthera colubrina powder well over a decade ago.  I have not found it suitable in my life to seek out the toad, but there have been people drawn to me with tales.  I will share a quick tale, and please do not abuse the information presented within!

A friend was hiking at [anonymous national park within the United States] which happens to be the natural habitat of the colorado river toad.  He found a very large, impressive looking toad, and being reckless and irresponsible decided to capture it and take it to a ranger station to inquire about its identification.  It was about 30 minutes of hiking with this toad in his hands until he arrived at the ranger station, where they promptly asked him very firmly to return the toad to exactly where he had found it.  So this amounted to a total of 1 hour of hiking around carrying this colorado river toad in his hands. 

Before too long, within a few minutes of depositing the toad safely in its original location, he noticed that there was a loud vibrational sound coming from the rocks, and before long after that was unable to continue navigating the rocky mountainside trail and had to lay down for what amounted to an hour while he had a debilitating but not extremely deep psychedelic experience.  Afterward he felt wonderful and was easily able to continue his hike.

My experience with seeds was extremely lackluster, amounting to nothing more than some monochromatic swirling and absolutely nothing of interest as far as spiritual growth is concerned.

I'm hoping that the opportunity will present itself when I am ready for it, and not a moment sooner!

Thanks for starting the new forum.   I'm curious to see how it all unfolds!

Handshake

Welcome to the hive!

Although this is obvious, I will reiterate that people should not be disturbing these animals.

As for the seeds, they do need proper preparation and administration. They have to be toasted, outer shell removed, mixed with a base like lime or baking soda, water added to form a paste, then dried and finely ground. Then it should be blown up the nose (requires another person) at a dose of around 400mg, 200 per nostril.

Handshake

Please read this excellent article posted in the Ecology section by Shy Violet: https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php?topic=50443.0

ly5urgeon

Just want to point out that of course I do not approve of disturbing wild animals.  Well, this is the internet where anyone could be on the other end of the electron stream, so you have no way of knowing that.  And I presented a story told to me by a friend whose actions I don't approve of.  Note that I did somewhat attempt to conceal the location where this took place.   I specifically remember there being an ethnobotanical vendor who sold toads by mail order, which I think is a disgusting and unempathetic choice to make.

Also I did prepare the snuff from the seeds, with baking, grinding, adding lime, and all that.  Only thing missing was someone else to force the material into my sinus, and it took considerable effort to insufflate it on my own but I did take in quite a bit of plant material.  I also experimented with smoking the seeds, which just tasted bad, and ingesting the seeds orally, which caused me to vomit within about 1 minute.  Snuffing was my only success with that plant. 

Handshake

Hmm I had a similar experience with yopo. It was not until I had it forcefully blown up there that I had a full-on experience!