Main Menu

Hello

Started by jameswjesso, December 13, 2017, 08:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jameswjesso

Hey Hivers (is that a thing? "Hivers"?)

My name is James Jesso. I have been researching and exploring psychedelics and a variety of modern psychedelic cultures for several years now. I am an author as well as a quasi-journalist, running a psychedelic-informed podcast called Adventures Through The Mind.

I have yet to smoke 5 or Toad. I have participated in a Yopo ceremony once (which was quite strong) and drank Ayahuasca containing chaliponga while in Peru. Both of these experiences were incredible. I have come close to the 5 a few times now, almost smoking with Martin Ball at one point and Dr. Gerry at another. But I didn't as a health concern got in the way, and a deep knowing that it wasn't time yet, respectively.

I am very interested in the community and the learning through my participation in the community.
I am also very interested in kissing the Toad, one day.

Thanks for having me.
- James

Handshake

Welcome James!

We look forward to your thoughts, questions, and contributions here.

free-range

Happy to see you on here James! And I'll be happy to see any contributions you make in the forum. Your contributions to the psychedelics world are known well.
—surrender completes us—

Rising Spirit

It's just incredible how the word is getting out about this beautiful collective.  So great to have such a vital presence as you, James, join this wonderful group.  Kudos sir, for all of your inspired work and many contributions in the field of entheogenic discovery. 

Like yourself, I have had experience with Yopo and had a taste of bufotenine and (?) 5-MeO and I have some small doubts that chaliponga has enough of the "God Molecule" present to facilitate the kind of break through the Toad venom can but...  who can say with any degree of certainty?  I do believe that a pure 5-MeO experience is on a level all on it's own.  You know, despite the expansive nature of any Sacred Medicine, there are distinctions and characteristics unique to each molecule.  This fascinates me most...  the powerful teaching of this Amrita.

I have also, never encountered or embraced the pure molecule, straight on.  How grand the immersion will be!  May we each find the Toad Medicine to be the nectar of our own demise & rebirthing.  You know, when the time rippens and the stage is set perfectly for the anointment (only to be dissolved by the direct interphase and sheerest whiteout eclipsing of self and Self).   _/|\_
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Julian

Hi James :)

Just joined the hive myself.

5 does have a special place in my heart as it was the medicine that fulled some magical work I did a few years back, led to a book blah blah...

Anyhow good to see you here too.

Enjoy!

Flux

Hiya James,

Great to have you over here and I look forward to your contributions... also much respect for recognising those opportunities with Martin, Gerry, and others as as somehow 'not the right time'., this takes a finely tuned intuition and well-developed level of discernment that I have seen many unable or unwilling to apply in such situations. Anyway, thank you for all that you do for the psychedelic community at large :)

cheers,

Flux