Main Menu

Panic Attacks after 5meo DMT experience

Started by fainkujen, June 26, 2019, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fainkujen

Hi! after my last toad session, I've experienced some kind of panic attacks, this is new to me, in the past I'd never experience one. I meditate daily, I make breathing exercises, I try to be positive and focus on artistic activities or reading, but nothing seems to truly relief this feeling. Most of all while dreaming, nightmares wake me up at the middle of the night. Can you tell me what can I do? thanks in advance.

Curador

My experience of these substances is that they seem to magnify anything emotional or psychological I consider a shadow (something I'm not aware of or denying or not admitting).  They also seem to magnify more comfortable qualities too.

IME the higher the consciousness the more sensitive I am in all aspects of my life.  An example is I used to be very physically active and today need less rigorous exercise to benefit.  I also need less food especially if it's high quality.  Same with social gatherings.  I like calm environments today away from the frenetic nature of "normal" life.  High energy environments are like holding onto an electric wire.  IMO we are very sensitive creatures but are not taught such.  We are trained to "get over it" and "move on" no matter what.  IMO that is bullshit. 

When I addressed my anxiety and thoughts like yours I was still doing a lot of intense release work in a men's group where a safe container is created and participants are safely able to physically, and verbally and emotionally express that "energy" in whatever way felt right.  What I found was that when I expressed it the feelings and thoughts moved on.  The reason for them seemed less important.  I've heard some say, "why is the booby prize".

I don't know your answer but keep asking and perhaps you will hear something that will resonate with you.  I've always found a community of loving, supportive others to be helpful.  IME the delusion is that I am an island.  The truth is I am "that" as are you.

fainkujen

I'm certainly much more sensitive to everything; feelings, sensations, people vibes, thoughts. Maybe canalizing the anxiety into physicall movement will help. Thanks  <3 _/|\_

Handshake

In these situations people have said that doing physical activity helps them come back and ground into their bodies.

Research will be coming out soon regarding reactivations, panic attacks, etc.

For now, it seems the best way to deal with this phenomenon is to treat it like a passing wave. Seeing if you can just let it move through you if you are in a safe place.

alchemystic

Fainjuken can you update us on how your process has been and where you're at now? I been experiencing things like you described and been struggling a bit with it.

fainkujen

Hi Alchemystic, I've been so much better. I stopped smoking pot for months, now I can smoke peacefully again ;D . Im doing this excercise in which everytime I feel the anxiety coming, I recognize it and confront the thing that's making me anxious or afraid and simply feel it so it won't turn into a panic attack. It's like a wave, you have to learn how to recognize it so you can avoid riding it. Just being able to see it and letting it go without dragging you. I still have nightmares, but now I write down my dreams and use them as a guide for solving daily matters. Night meditation is a must. I found lots of help in swimming too, heavy breathing excersices, herbal oils (lavender specially), and come back to earth meditations wherever I am.
[/size]But what I think helped me the most are the books I've read along these months, they gave me lots of aswers and therefore peace.
[/size]Here are some of them, you might find them on pdf to download or you can get them from Amazon.
[/size]The important thing for you to acknowledge is that you are passing through this kind of situation for some reason, embrace your shadows, dive into your deepest thoughts and surrender.

[/size]
[/size]Life beyond death (This one is my fav) - Yogi Ramacharaka
[/size]Karma - Annie Besant
[/size]Dharma - Annie Besant
[/size]The toad and the jaguar - Ralph Metzner
[/size]
[/size]Hope you find your peace,
[/size]Doris.
[/size]

alchemystic

Thanks for the update fainkujen! I started reading Life Beyond Death, I couldn't stop reading it so read it start to finish. I wonder if there are any more books like this that go into more detail about some of these things. The evolution of the soul stuff is really interesting. I wonder is this like a steady evolution where the soul always evolves towards the higher dimensions or can it go both ways like devolution. I wonder can we see thought forms created with affirmations and stuff like that when we astral project.

Handshake

Quote from: fainkujen on April 05, 2020, 12:22:10 PM
Hi Alchemystic, I've been so much better. I stopped smoking pot for months, now I can smoke peacefully again ;D . Im doing this excercise in which everytime I feel the anxiety coming, I recognize it and confront the thing that's making me anxious or afraid and simply feel it so it won't turn into a panic attack. It's like a wave, you have to learn how to recognize it so you can avoid riding it. Just being able to see it and letting it go without dragging you. I still have nightmares, but now I write down my dreams and use them as a guide for solving daily matters. Night meditation is a must. I found lots of help in swimming too, heavy breathing excersices, herbal oils (lavender specially), and come back to earth meditations wherever I am.
[/size]But what I think helped me the most are the books I've read along these months, they gave me lots of aswers and therefore peace.
[/size]Here are some of them, you might find them on pdf to download or you can get them from Amazon.
[/size]The important thing for you to acknowledge is that you are passing through this kind of situation for some reason, embrace your shadows, dive into your deepest thoughts and surrender.

[/size]
[/size]Life beyond death (This one is my fav) - Yogi Ramacharaka
[/size]Karma - Annie Besant
[/size]Dharma - Annie Besant
[/size]The toad and the jaguar - Ralph Metzner
[/size]
[/size]Hope you find your peace,
[/size]Doris.
[/size]

Thanks for the update! Would you consider posting about your experience with this in the Reactivations thread?
https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php?topic=50940.0