Science and Spirituality > Science

Omega Brainwave Activity

<< < (3/3)

HumbleVoyager:
The EEG data is not terribly useful nor is it very conclusive of anything. It's not enough data to make any significant claims.

RoundAbout:

--- Quote from: Rising Spirit on October 04, 2018, 12:27:58 AM ---To be equally frank, there are no limits to conscious-awareness.  Intuition may not be a science but it is a force which often leads to new breakthroughs and discoveries.  "Who feels it knows it". 

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the response.
OK, so can you estimate the frequency in Hz and tell us which areas of the brain the omega frequency is most active in?

Rising Spirit:

--- Quote from: RoundAbout ---Thanks for the response.
OK, so can you estimate the frequency in Hz and tell us which areas of the brain the omega frequency is most active in?
--- End quote ---

Thank YOU for your responses.  As I stated from the onset of this thread, I merely theorize this particular brainwave state exists.  I am being admittedly right-brained and intuitive and as such, cannot validate my theory with any certainty, specificity or exact quantification.   I do sincerely wonder if a more evolved technology existed today, we might find levels above and bellow our current understanding about the spectrum of functioning taking place within the human brain and perhaps other species of animals?  That being said I lack any verifiable data, therefore, my idea stands more upon the rather abstract notion that there are multiples of alternate brainwave frequencies and they are still, rather under-researched. 

As for the Hz frequency of the proposed omega wave, I would suspect it to be very high, more so than even hyper-gamma or lambda waves  As contemporary science reveals, there are more than just the most easily understood quintet of brainwaves:  alpha, beta, delta, theta and gamma...  there are also:  kappa, mu, lambda and epsilon waves.  Admittedly, a great deal of my musing revolves around the idea of a state of mind which is wholly nondual in nature.  Those who have been transported into such a fulcrum of undifferentiated transcendence, abloom with the blinding light of infinity, there unfolds a point wherein the mind essentially stops.  It is neither a seizure nor a state of comatose.  It seems as if it resides above the physical brain mass, a frequency which seats in higher dimensional hyper-reality.  I like to note that from the onset of the acceptance of the science of EEG, way back in 1959, much has unfolded. Even gamma wave research had to be built by expanding the criteria in selecting participants to study.  Yogins and Buddhist monks have contributed a good deal to what we have gleaned above higher brain functioning.

I alluded clearly as to the implied nature of this brainwave in naming it "omega".  It is proposed as the high vibrational level of mind wherein all thought is suspended completely, ergo, there is a stilling or silencing of the mind.  It might be understood as a deep pause. Having the experience of 5-MeO-DMT, as either natural toad secretions or the lab made synthetic, is wonderful in this regard.  The dissolution of the self into the indivisible unity of the One...  cannot be properly spoken of, so ultimately it can only be given a name or a title.  As a state of being, it has historically been named in many descriptives like:  samadhi, satori, ecstatic rapture, absolute bliss and many others, each relative to it's own cultural context.  It is as a state of mental attention the tipping-point whereby subjectivism ceases to function within the cognitive resonance of the individual.  It may be most enlightening, as a perception but this is eclipsed by total immersion with in the unified field. 

This is arguably, where imperical science can no longer feasibly measure the phenomenon or formulate any repeatable experiment by which it could fix such wholly spiritual perceptions into a clearly defined subject, one adhering to both consensus reality and the laws of physics.  Well, at least the impasse exists within the paradigmn of our present degree of rational inquiry, as it is directly funded by research organizations who follow specific protocols.  Mystical experiences are difficult to map.  Religion fails equally, in mapping said fields of consciousness.  I simply suggest that conscious-awareness exists beyond the material brain itself and that it is primarily consciousness which creates mind, not the other way around.  Again, thanx for your contributions in this discussion, as I am not seeking total or even partial agreement, I simply seek the truth.  Often, said truth is only a mystery until new discovery brings light to breakthroughs in our collective understanding.  It's exciting to think about the burgeoning advances in our present technology, isn't it?  The best is yet to come! 

Some interesting links:

http://www.brainwavecollege.com/brainwave-entrainment-history.html

https://hubpages.com/education/What-are-Lambda-Epsilon-waves-Out-of-body-experiences-with-theta-and-lambda-waves

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/what-about-lambda-a-consciousness-expanding-high-frequency-brainwave-state-for-advanced-meditators/

http://co-bw.com/Brain_Music/Epsilon,%20Gamma,%20HyperGamma%20and%20Lambda%20Brainwave%20Activity.htm

RoundAbout:

--- Quote from: Rising Spirit on November 01, 2018, 01:10:24 PM ---I like to note that from the onset of the acceptance of the science of EEG, way back in 1959, much has unfolded. Even gamma wave research had to be built by expanding the criteria in selecting participants to study.  Yogins and Buddhist monks have contributed a good deal to what we have gleaned above higher brain functioning.

Often, said truth is only a mystery until new discovery brings light to breakthroughs in our collective understanding.  It's exciting to think about the burgeoning advances in our present technology, isn't it?  The best is yet to come!
--- End quote ---
Yes, it is exciting. I do wonder if the phenomenon you're describing has a structural basis rather than a new brainwave frequency... which might make fMRI, PET or MEG more suitable. The equipment for these are in general more difficult to get access to and far more expensive... which might mean less research into this topic using these techniques. Obviously, I have no idea and I'm not familiar with the literature.

I'll revisit the topics in those links at a later time; I don't think it would be fruitful for me currently. As an aside, I am highly skeptical of unfamiliar techniques which require purchased resources from the same site explaining the concepts (as there is a strong conflict of interest). I recently began meditating (with guidance)... maybe it will make this type of discussions more comprehensible if I am dedicated to the practice.

Edit: Perhaps if the "Like" function was changed to "Thank" it would be more useful.

Rising Spirit:
You know, the Lamda wave meets many of the criteria for my theoretical Omega wave.  It's activation correlates to mystical and out of body experiences and the brainwave activity therein.  The most fascinating thing to me is that while it vibrates at a frequency of up to 200 Hz, it has been observed to ride piggy-back upon the easy breezy Epsilon wave, whose vibrational frequency is a staggering .5 Hz!  So, logically speaking, does this suggest that the highest measurable Hz frequency links to the lowest Hz frequency?  This is the kind of thing that keeps me up late at night.   ;D

That being said, what I have proposed as a theoretical hypothesis about an Omega wave, may well be the point where human consciousness transcends the brain and moves into hyper reality.  Awareness exists without a thought or any sense of one's own individual self.  If my theory about that kind of heightened, super state of mind I label Omega holds any weight at all (and admittedly it may not), it must be an end point in the spectrum, an unbroken stillness which exists in vast, eternal proportions.  It's intriguing to ponder about these things, eh? 
Ciao

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version