Main Menu

Greetings-Introduction

Started by ayalight, April 15, 2023, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayalight

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be here. I was invited to join this group by one of the administrators after we engaged in some discussions about the claims of the Church of Psilomethoxin. I have been drinking ayahuasca and santo daime for 23 years as well as making use of other sacred medicines (and when I was younger I used a variety of substances in more haphazard ways). 18 years ago I began to become involved in legal and organizing issues first with the Santo Daime then with the broader ayahausca and sacred medicine community. In particular I have been involved with the Ayahuasca Defense Fund and the Chacruna Institute for Psychedelic Plant Medicine. I am also a co founder and board member of the Sacred Plant Alliance-a self regulating association of spiritual congregations using sacred medicines based on best practices and community education and empowerment.

I have been instrumental in helping to form a couple congregations and am in the process of doing so now with a number of friends, colleagues and mentors. We are a syncretic congregation involving UmbandaDaime (an Afro Brazilian lineage), indigenous beliefs and practices especially via the Guarani people of SE Brazil, Buddhist Dharma (with lineage holders in the Soto and Kagyu traditions as well as major influences from the classical Pali based traditions and contemporary inquiry) and somatic practices.

I am thankful for the many in depth discussions and civil discussions I see taking place here and look forward to participating in them.

Handshake

Welcome Ayalight! Great to have you here.