Main Menu

Some interesting 5-MeO-DMT analogs

Started by hivebro, December 07, 2017, 11:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hivebro

Hi Peeps,

I recently wrote a little article on psychedelic chemistry for the general reader. This article touches on changes synthetic chemists (David Nichols mostly though :)) have made to DMT and/or 5-MeO-DMT to give them oral activity. This leads to the analogs AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, MiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, DiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT. If you are at all interested in what these molecules are give it a look-see.

Let me know if there are any further questions you have related to the content, or feel free to request a topic you'd like me to cover. I have noticed that many people in the community wish to know more about the science of psychedelics, yet the scientific frontiersmen sometimes struggle to communicate this to a general audience ("the curse of knowledge"). So my intention is to deconstruct/simplify research regarding the chemistry, pharmacology, and neuroscience of psychedelics to a broader audience, and of course 5-MeO-DMT being what it is I'm always interested in covering that.

Keep well.

http://altdotmind.com/the-art-of-appetizing-aromatics/
In Sterquilinus Invenitur - In Filth It Will Be Found

Handshake

Quote from: hivebro on December 07, 2017, 11:41:37 AM
Hi Peeps,

I recently wrote a little article on psychedelic chemistry for the general reader. This article touches on changes synthetic chemists (David Nichols mostly though :)) have made to DMT and/or 5-MeO-DMT to give them oral activity. This leads to the analogs AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, MiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, DiPT, and 5-MeO-DiPT. If you are at all interested in what these molecules are give it a look-see.

Let me know if there are any further questions you have related to the content, or feel free to request a topic you'd like me to cover. I have noticed that many people in the community wish to know more about the science of psychedelics, yet the scientific frontiersmen sometimes struggle to communicate this to a general audience ("the curse of knowledge"). So my intention is to deconstruct/simplify research regarding the chemistry, pharmacology, and neuroscience of psychedelics to a broader audience, and of course 5-MeO-DMT being what it is I'm always interested in covering that.

Keep well.

http://altdotmind.com/the-art-of-appetizing-aromatics/

Those analogs are quite interesting, though what is fascinating is that none of them have the same kind of activity as 5-MeO-DMT in terms of phenomenological similarities.

hivebro

So I've read. Have not tried any of them. The DiPT's seem bizarre... Apparently is sounds like people are speaking in muffled slow-mo, kinda like in the Peanuts cartoons... Have you tried it?
In Sterquilinus Invenitur - In Filth It Will Be Found

Handshake

That auditory quality of DiPT has always intrigued me but I've never gotten around to trying it. I think it would be an interesting experience to have yet my impression is that there are not terribly many glowing reports coming from it. So with so little time, I haven't gone out of my way to find it. Have you?

RoundAbout

I enjoy your blog, and especially your chemistry related posts. I would definitely read more.

I've always wanted to read a succinct summary of serotonin receptor sub-types, their interaction with various psychedelics and how changing functional groups between analogues effects this. Maybe that is more of a biochemistry question though.