Main Menu

5-MeO-DMT in Phalaris grass species

Started by Bancopuma, June 01, 2017, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurudedicationananda

Phalaris aquatica is worthless if you are seeking 5-meo-dmt, it contains mostly n,n-dmt and only trace amounts of meo.
Phalaris brachystachys has the highest concentration of 5-meo-dmt.
And my question was really not that complicated, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
If it works with ACRB powder and MHRB powder to extract dmt with washing soda and isopropyl alcohol, then it should work for extracting 5-meo-dmt from brachystachys as well.

jamie

Good luck guru! Please do post back with your results.

gurudedicationananda

Hey jamie,

Sorry if I sounded rude in my last post, I apologize friend.
It's just that I really think that extracting with washing soda and ISO would theoretically work wonders for extracting 5-meo if it works so good for n,n-dmt.
And I apologize for saying that aquatica is worthless, it really isn't, but from my studies I have found that brachystachys has the highest 5-meo-dmt content of all of the phalaris grasses out there.
I know for a fact that washing soda and isopropyl can extract dmt just fine from powdered MHRB, so I am thinking that dried powdered phalaris brachystachys clippings should work great with washing soda and iso to yield a smokeable form of 5-meo-dmt.
I will indeed keep you guys posted!
;)

Flux

So Guru, have you had successful yields of n-n with Mimosa or Acacia using ISO and Sodium carbonate. I would think and the anecdotal research seems to bear this out that Na2[/size]CO3 [/size]simply does not raise the pH high enough especially for mimosa[/size] where in the lye is need to break down the plant matter ?

jamie

You can throw together a workable tek with sodium carb. I have pulled mimosa with sodium carb and xylene with success years back. You can def make iso and sodium carb work..but that teks takes a lot of work around and experience with tryptamine extraction so you can intuit whats going on with the oils and waxes etc.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=38641

..Ignore any talk in there of 5meoDMT..I see no evidence 5meoDMT in chaliponga in relevent levels.

...a bit off topic but extraction teks for grasses are on a level above commercial mimosa bark etc..I don't see it ever being something overly popular due both to this the face that grass is just not atm a reliable source. Let's face it..entheogens are expanding (...toad?..) into a global market place where people want BULK. Grasses for most people it will be a short lived passing interest and they will seek out other avenues. There is no secret here..its hard to get usable levels of psychedelic tryptamines from grass. Is it impossible? No.

..and that finding on brachys being so high in alk content has yet to be reproduced. Aquatica grows for me, so for  simply that fact alone I focus on it. It interests me more than brachystachys. Brachys dislikes it here when I grow it even though it's cultivar Phalaris canariensis is found in local micro-climates.

ps..this may be of interest for some...
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=430799&#post430799

*note the comment on plant salts in the crystals..yall gunna see that if you work with these plants. Dont underestimate the goo. Sometimes the crystal is not the stuff and rather just contam in your tryptamine goo. DMT is polymorphic..on top of the issue of oxides.

Bancopuma

I've attached fourthripley's PDF doc "On processing Phalaris; some notes" from the DMT Nexus (relevant thread is linked below) for anyone here that wants access to it. I think you may need to be a DMT Nexus member and logged in to access it via the Nexus.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28869

Handshake

Thanks for reposting this Banco!

Jamie, since you think Phalaris is not a suitable source for 5meo, what plant source do you think may be a viable alternative?

gurudedicationananda

I am clearly not speaking for Jamie, but if you don't mind humblevoyager, I would like to mention here that I think a good source of 5-meo-dmt apart from phalaris grasses and toad venom might be the resin of the Virola theidora bark.
I understand that much of the Virola theirdora bark resin sold online is quite often completely inactive, for whatever reasons that might be.
But if one can find a reliable and trustworthy source of this bark resin, then I would most certainly recommend this to others.
The resin can contain an average of 8% 5-meo-dmt by weight, and performing an extraction on it is quite simple and cheap, and one does not need to gather all sorts of equipment or caustic chemicals which is involved in extracting n,n-dmt freebase from Mimosa or Acacia.
Just my two cents.

gurudedicationananda

Flux

Virola has sufficient quantities of n-n-DMT as well, so how would one go about separating the two without complex lab equipment or procedure ?

gurudedicationananda

"Virola has sufficient quantities of n-n-DMT as well, so how would one go about separating the two without complex lab equipment or procedure ?"

Hi again Flux, quoting you again above.
Virola Calophyla has high quantities of n,n-dmt, but as far as Virola Theiodora goes, the majority of alkaloid concentration is of 5-meo-dmt, with only very minimal amounts of n,n-dmt.

RoundAbout

Quote from: gurudedicationananda on January 13, 2018, 05:20:10 PMVirola Calophyla has high quantities of n,n-dmt, but as far as Virola Theiodora goes, the majority of alkaloid concentration is of 5-meo-dmt, with only very minimal amounts of n,n-dmt.

From what I've read, it can be quite variable (e.g. Agurell et al. 1969: http://actachemscand.org/pdf/acta_vol_23_p0903-0916.pdf), and DMT is more abundant in some analyses of bark. Analyses of V. Elongata summarised in Holmstedt et al. (1980) (which is now synonymous with V. Theiodora now https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/taxonomydetail.aspx?id=401402) are also quite variable, with MMT and DMT dominant in a bark analysis and 5-MeO trace. There are significant amounts of carbolines in it also, hence reports of oral activity, which some people might not prefer with 5-MeO-DMT.

Still a good source though.

Quote from: HumbleVoyager on June 02, 2017, 05:33:44 AMWith a concentration of 0.0025% to 0.045% wet weight, it seems that 2kg would at most yield 90mg. The fact that it was difficult to get crystals speaks to the potential problem we would have of isolating the target compound. That would perhaps be one of the biggest challenges in the plant extraction world of 5-MeO-DMT.

I might be confused, but I think you meant 0.045% of 2kg = 900mg. Not that such a yield has actually been achieved.

Handshake

I agree, the info on Virola is quite varied, with no clear information of viable extraction methods for isolating 5-MeO-DMT that have been repeatedly successful. (If you know of any that have been posted anywhere, do let me know--I have done quite a bit of searching!) And the problem of other alkaloids being present is another barrier.

I may very well have messed up the math there. But either way, as you said, no such yield has actually been achieved (to our knowledge).  ;D

RoundAbout

Quote from: HumbleVoyager on January 16, 2018, 09:50:36 PM
I agree, the info on Virola is quite varied, with no clear information of viable extraction methods for isolating 5-MeO-DMT that have been repeatedly successful. (If you know of any that have been posted anywhere, do let me know--I have done quite a bit of searching!) And the problem of other alkaloids being present is another barrier.

I may very well have messed up the math there. But either way, as you said, no such yield has actually been achieved (to our knowledge).  ;D

Not very much unfortunately. I wonder what the source of the concentration discrepancy is?

Quote from: jamie on January 08, 2018, 11:20:34 AM*note the comment on plant salts in the crystals..yall gunna see that if you work with these plants. Dont underestimate the goo. Sometimes the crystal is not the stuff and rather just contam in your tryptamine goo. DMT is polymorphic..on top of the issue of oxides.

How is polymorphism a relevant issue for the goo (which isn't crystalline)?

Handshake