Main Menu

Legal Status of 5-MeO-DMT by Country

Started by Flux, May 30, 2017, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flux

This information is a summary of data gathered from Erowid.com, its site visitors, government documents, websites, and other resources. We are not lawyers and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided here. We do our best to keep this information correct and up-to-date, but laws are complex and constantly changing. Laws may also vary from one jurisdiction to another (county, state, country, etc)...this list is not comprehensive.

If any members have information about the legal status of this substance in any other country, please let us know so that we can improve the range and accuracy of this data.

INTERNATIONAL LAW

U.S. STATE LAW

5-MeO-DMT is a schedule 1 controlled substance in all United States as of January 2011, if you have information about the legal status of this substance in any other U.S. state please feel free to comment and we will include it here

Australia

As a structural analog of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 5-MeO-DMT is a Schedule 9 prohibited substance under the Poisons Standard.

Belgium

5-MeO-DMT is not controlled under Belgian law, although DMT is (DMT is controlled under the 1971 UN Convention)

Canada

5-MeO-DMT is not controlled under Canadian law.

China

5-MeO-DMT is controlled in China as a Category I psychotropic substance, illegal to sell, buy, import, export, and manufacture 4-methylmethcathinone as of October 2015

Denmark

As of December 1, 2004, 5-MeO-DMT is legally restricted to 'medical or scientific purposes'.

Finland

5-MeO-DMT was banned in Finland in December 2014. A new government regulation was enacted in Finland that banned over 100 psychoactive chemicals. See Finland's Prohibited Psychoactive Substances: December 19, 2014.

Germany

Schedule I / Highest level of control, unable to be prescribed, manufactured, or possessed as of Sep, 1999. (listed as [2-(5-Methoxyindol-3-yl)ethyl]dimethylazan)

Greece

5-MeO-DMT became a controlled substance in Greece on Feb 18, 2003

Japan

5-MeO-DMT is controlled as a 'designated Substance' (Shitei-Yakubutsu) by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law, making it illegal to possess or sell

Mexico

5-MeO-Dmt in any form appears to be legal in Mexico as of 2009 (though this may only extend to personal use)

New Zealand

5-MeO-DMT is Schedule I (Class A) in New Zealand

Russian Federation

5-MeO-DMT became controlled in the Russian Federation starting October, 2011.

South Africa

5-MeO-DMT is NOT classified under the Drug and Drug Trafficking Act No. 140 of 1992 as an "Undesirable Dependence Producing Substance", but could be considered an 'ether' of Bufotenin (5-OH-DMT) or possibly DMT and ethers and esters of the listed substances are also considered controlled.

Sweden

Controlled in Sweden as of Oct 1, 2004

Switzerland

5-MeO-DMT is Schedule I in Switzerland.

Turkey

5-MeO-DMT has been controlled since December 2013

United Kingdom

5-MeO-DMT is a Schedule I/Class A drug in the United Kingdom, making it illegal to buy or possess without a license

free-range

I have been told that Israel, since January 2017, has made all DMT derivatives--including 5-MeO--a controlled substance facing the highest penalty (akin to schedule 1 in the USA).

If anyone knows how this can be confirmed, let us know.
—surrender completes us—

Handshake

Quote from: free-range on November 20, 2017, 03:14:49 AM
I have been told that Israel, since January 2017, has made all DMT derivatives--including 5-MeO--a controlled substance facing the highest penalty (akin to schedule 1 in the USA).

If anyone knows how this can be confirmed, let us know.

Thank you for this update!

Flux

As Israel is very involved with psychedelic research ...is it possible this listing has something to do with being able to run clinical trials ?