Main Menu

Conversion of 5-MeO-DMT HCl to Freebase

Started by Handshake, June 02, 2017, 08:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handshake

For converting to freebase, this is a good tek from the folks at the Nexus (I made some grammatical corrections):
QuoteWe have this question coming back sometimes, as those using this molecule generally know, it is more stable as salt form. So it is actually wise to save it in HCL form for exemple and only freebase it as you use it.
This way you avoide oxydisation.

So simply, to freebase your 5-MeO-DMT :

- Carefully weigh what you need with a 0,001 g scale (milligram accurate), for exemple 100 mg (so it can be anything from 8 to 20 doses of vaped 5meo depending what dose suits you or what state you want to achieve (from 5mg to 15mg generally, higher can be way too much for most poeple)

- Then dose half of what you just weighed (in this exemple we choose 100mg) so 50mg sodium carbonate.
- Mix them and crush together in a spoon.
- Add enough water to cover the mix of base and tryptamine (distilled water is best so neutral pH and less impurities in end product.)
- Then warm up carefully with a lighter, it will bubble a bit as the water evaporate, as soon as it looks like wet but watery anymore, stop warming up.
- leave the wet mix to dry completely.
- Once dry I simply add water again to see if it was now insoluble and it is, so simply filter the water (which can pick up the excess sodium carbonate) and save the solid (or scrape them).

(optional) - Now with freebase 5-MeO-DMT I prefer to do an enchanted leaves mix so I can dose accurately a few mg if I want, for this simply choose herbs to 5meo ratio.

- 400mg blue lilly and 500mg Mullein flower (for exemple, but you choose hwatever herbs suits you, until you stay safe) to 100mg 5-Meo Freebase mix together in IPA, stir often and left to evaporate, then scrape, let dry completely until no scent of IPA and put in a little jar (amber or colored glass with screw top is best), labelled !! so you don't smoke that enchanted leaves 5M thinking it's changa
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=30524

3-breaths

Thank you for posting this. I finally got it dialed in. I used a very similar tek without the heat. I did find the heat was critical in the conversion.

Handshake

Quote from: 3-breaths on July 09, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Thank you for posting this. I finally got it dialed in. I used a very similar tek without the heat. I did find the heat was critical in the conversion.

Heat WAS or WAS NOT critical in the conversion?

gurudedicationananda

I just was told recently that the HCL salt of 5-meo-dmt is easily burned and wasted if overheated.
Does this mean that it would be wiser to use a bic lighter when working with a meth pipe and touching the flame to the bottom of the glass, rather than using a micro-torch/jet-lighter and keeping the flame an inch or two away from the bottom of the pipe?
In other words, to avoid burning 5-meo-dmt HCL, should one use a bic lighter and gently heat the bottom of the pipe instead of using a high-heat jet lighter to attempt to vaporize the substance?
I don't want to burn or waste any of this precious material.
Thank you.

Handshake

Quote from: gurudedicationananda on September 26, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
I just was told recently that the HCL salt of 5-meo-dmt is easily burned and wasted if overheated.
Does this mean that it would be wiser to use a bic lighter when working with a meth pipe and touching the flame to the bottom of the glass, rather than using a micro-torch/jet-lighter and keeping the flame an inch or two away from the bottom of the pipe?
In other words, to avoid burning 5-meo-dmt HCL, should one use a bic lighter and gently heat the bottom of the pipe instead of using a high-heat jet lighter to attempt to vaporize the substance?
I don't want to burn or waste any of this precious material.
Thank you.

If you have the HCl form, the best way to administer it is rectally, intranasally, intramuscularly, or intravenously. While you can smoke it, it is true what they say about it burning really easily. If you MUST smoke it, then the best way would be to put it in a pipe and use a torch lighter but to keep the torch lighter far away from the pipe. This will require lots of practice and good smoking technique and honestly it's impossible to not waste any of the material when smoking. It's truly the most inefficient way of administering this substance (especially the HCl form).

If you want to read about rectal administration, there is some info on this thread that may be useful: https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php?topic=50516.msg54520#msg54520

hivebro

Has anyone tried this TEK and can vouch for it?

From the description is seems that the freebase 5-MeO-DMT is nonpolar, therefor insoluble in water, however the water will pick up the 3 ions (Cl, Na, CO3), so through simple filtration one can separate them. Is that correct, can anyone confirm that freebase 5-MeO-DMT is nonpolar?

Thanks.
In Sterquilinus Invenitur - In Filth It Will Be Found

Handshake

Quote from: hivebro on December 09, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
Has anyone tried this TEK and can vouch for it?

From the description is seems that the freebase 5-MeO-DMT is nonpolar, therefor insoluble in water, however the water will pick up the 3 ions (Cl, Na, CO3), so through simple filtration one can separate them. Is that correct, can anyone confirm that freebase 5-MeO-DMT is nonpolar?

Thanks.

Hey there hivebro, I've done some more digging and found this thread on the Nexus. One of the main contributors is NotTwo, who can also be found on here. I'll put the main important quotes in this thread for your convenience:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=68926

QuoteIf your solvent is warm (no flames) and you agitate the dried freebase/sodium carbonate solid for 10 minutes all the freebase will dissolve. Filter - or simply let it settle in a measuring column - place in wide base container and evaporate off the solvent. I don't think there's any need to redissolve in solvent; what you get out of this will be high purity and you won't be vaping much of it in any case.

I should add that I've now given up on freebasing 5-meo as the HCl version is also vapable.

In my own experiments I reckon you need more of the 5-meo:HCl by a factor of about 1:1.4

So:

7 mg of 5-meo:HCl is equivalent to 5 mg of freebase 5-meo
14 mg of 5-meo:HCl is equivalent to 10 mg of freebase 5-meo
21 mg of 5-meo:HCl is equivalent to 15 mg of freebase 5-meo

when vaped.

I don't know if others agree as it's my subjective experience based on limited experiences

Hopefully that helps! Maybe we can message nottwo here and see if they know about whether 5 freebase is nonpolar.

Dipper

I have some hcl, I ordered some freebase but it didn't arrive so I want to convert the hcl.

In the above protocol which I've seen in numerous other places, I'm not quite sure what it means when it says 'as soon as it looks wet but watery anymore stop warming up.

What exactly is the state it is getting to? The description isn't clear to me.

Also when it says add water to see if insoluble and if so filter off, is the insoluble nature obviously apparent? And would you just try to use a very fine mesh to filter?

Thanks.

nottwo

Think you may have to up the font size and repost, Dipper  ;D

Dipper