Main Menu

And see the sun...

Started by Handshake, June 05, 2017, 10:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handshake

"And see sun. He's a friend of the whole world. He doesn't say, "I am your enemy, I cannot come to your house." Even though you are an enemy, you are a friend. He comes to everyone. Just like that - we should also be. Showing brightness to everyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEbRw7J8PZo

Full documentary:
https://youtu.be/JB7kfnDKPEw

Rising Spirit

Thanx for sharing this, HumbleVoyager.  I am always amazed how fellow psychonauts resonate so symbiotically with eastern mysticism. 
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Handshake

I think a lot of Eastern mysticism really hits the nail on the head. However, I have found similarities in Christian mysticism as well, as I have been studying the work of St. Teresa of Avila...check this out:

The fourth, Devotion of Ecstasy, is where the consciousness of being in the body disappears. Sense activity ceases; memory and imagination are also absorbed in God or intoxicated. Body and spirit are in the throes of a sweet, happy pain, alternating between a fearful fiery glow, a complete impotence and unconsciousness, and a spell of strangulation, sometimes by such an ecstatic flight that the body is literally lifted into space.[citation needed] This after half an hour is followed by a reactionary relaxation of a few hours in a swoon-like weakness, attended by a negation of all the faculties in the union with God. The subject awakens from this in tears; it is the climax of mystical experience, producing a trance. Indeed, she was said to have been observed levitating during Mass on more than one occasion.

Doesn't that sound like a 5-MeO-DMT experience?

KelvinDar

Wonderful video and wise words. Thanks for sharing HumbleVoyager.

Rising Spirit

Quote from: Saint Teresa of Avila
The fourth, Devotion of Ecstasy, is where the consciousness of being in the body disappears. Sense activity ceases; memory and imagination are also absorbed in God or intoxicated. Body and spirit are in the throes of a sweet, happy pain, alternating between a fearful fiery glow, a complete impotence and unconsciousness, and a spell of strangulation, sometimes by such an ecstatic flight that the body is literally lifted into space.[citation needed] This after half an hour is followed by a reactionary relaxation of a few hours in a swoon-like weakness, attended by a negation of all the faculties in the union with God. The subject awakens from this in tears; it is the climax of mystical experience, producing a trance. Indeed, she was said to have been observed levitating during Mass on more than one occasion.

Quote from: HumbleVoyagerDoesn't that sound like a 5-MeO-DMT experience?

I still cannot testify, until my first experience finally arrives...  but yes, it really does fit the description and self-shattering paradigmn encountered by those who dissolve into the nondual state, so overwhelmingly facilitated by 5-MeO-DMT. 

I honesty believe that the human brain can access these heightened states (blooming fields of indivisible conscious-awareness), both entheogenically and endogenously, as the chemistry of ecstasy and transcendence of oneself are naturally occurring and so, the brain receptors are blueprinted within our DNA.  Many mystical traditions point to the same reality.  Deep bow, HumbleVoyager

The detail from Bernini's magnificent marble sculpture of, "The Ecstasy of Saint Teresa". 
Through Bernini's artistic genius, we observe her whiteout experience.  She sure does look truly enraptured.   ;)

Handshake

Rising Spirit

Well, I thought pertinent to this thread.  The characteristic tilted back head, eyes rolled up and mouth open in soundless ecstasy.  I find it fascinating that as the body falls back, the spirit takes wing into the Infinite sky deeply within and beyond. 

Many Sacred Medicines facilitate this shifting of one's conscious-awareness but I have been told with some authority, that 5-MeO floors the traveler in such a profoundly powerful and vividly lucid manner, that all other entheogens are simply precludes to such an immersion.

Within seconds, the person is seamlessly fused with the higher resonance, shattered by the awakening and fully absorbed by the Clear Light of the Void and so, wholly dissolved into the Godself which initiated this entire existential paradigm.  Yes?

Handshake

That's one interpretation of it, yes. However, the experience will vary for each individual with some similarities based on their thought paradigm. I would still say that other entheogens have quite a bit of potential for learning in different ways. It seems to me at least that while this seems like the pinnacle of ego death, it transcends so much of the self that it can be difficult to make significant life changes unless lower doses are used and some serious thought and effort is put into integration.

I continue to work more with other medicines besides 5-MeO-DMT because they tend to speak more directly to the whole self, not just the transcended self.

Rising Spirit

Quote from: HumbleVoyager on October 03, 2017, 10:48:20 PM
That's one interpretation of it, yes. However, the experience will vary for each individual with some similarities based on their thought paradigm.

Yes, this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Absolutely and so freaking spot on. 

For the unique nature of each and every human being, always has pertinent, yet personalized aspects of conceptualizing the unfolding dreamscape of the individualized self, which subjectively interprets the partial expression of the unbound nature of the universal soul. What else can we do? 

But all of this material existence, essentially appears spontaneously within the mind of each self, which creates the universe with every idea and action.  As Siddhartha Gautama, Lord Buddha the Enlightened One said, "As you think, so you become."

If 100 people are watching a sunset, observing a theatrical performance or hearing a musical concert, it's clear that the subjectivity each individual perceives "reality" through is the lens of an isolated vantage point.  One of an endless possibility. 

This then, shapes the contained mindset and is wholly relative to the circumstances of each paradigmatic vista and viewpoint connected to each and every person, animal, plant or mineral (for that matter, any other sentient life form, be it liquid, gas, ether or light itself).  We are what we experience, after all.  Yes...  or am I projecting my own fragile notions of the leap into the grand immersion? 

Still, when a powerful catalyst shatters the perceptual view...  all of us share the identical dissociation from the known, the ordinary parameters of oneself, all boundaries vanish as this empties us of our familiar comfort zone and we are essentially, flung end-over-end into the immeasurable expanse of the Clear Light of The Void, the very deepest core of oneself...  the effulgent state of Infinite Being. 

All we are able to recall of such an ineffible interphase, is but a fraction of the total experience and this is only caught within the remembrance, entering and exiting the nondual state.  But I feel that we DO indeed remember something significant and transformative, of immense value.

Quote from: HumbleVoyagerI would still say that other entheogens have quite a bit of potential for learning in different ways.

Agreed. Since I've yet to know directly, all I can imagine is what little can be conveyed through the mortal linguistics shared by our wonderful fellows.  But from all descriptives, the "God Molecule" dynamically removes all membranes of separation and so dissolves all patterns of familiarity...  in favor of the sheer transcendence into the unbroken totality of the Indivisible.

Quote from: HumbleVoyagerIt seems to me at least that while this seems like the pinnacle of ego death, it transcends so much of the self that it can be difficult to make significant life changes unless lower doses are used and some serious thought and effort is put into integration.

I continue to work more with other medicines besides 5-MeO-DMT because they tend to speak more directly to the whole self, not just the transcended self.

I can see why you say so.  What can be integrated by self obliteration?  Well, I feel there is much that can be interfused and interconnected to our relative mortal existence.  And yes dat, less nondual medicines open portals to paths, teachings valuable  for the pilgrim, reborn within a personal journey and providing a pathway through this life we experience.  Maybe one which can be more easily fused to our day-to-day world?  Perhaps many other entheogens give our mind's a better chance to remember the shift in conscious-awareness, the eclipsing which silences thought and intention?  You are wise in this matter.   My, my, my...  such heady ideas but just imaginary ideas, non the less.  Deep bow and much loving respect, HumbleVoyager.  You rock, amigo!   8)