Main Menu

Suggested Dosing Protocol from the T.O.A.D.

Started by Hal, November 22, 2017, 04:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

Greetings 5-Hive Community,

The following is offered as a suggested dosing protocol for inducing what we refer to as a "Full Release" entheogenic experience and which has been effectively used for years within the Temple and should provide a useful guideline for those working with our sacred Eucharist.

The following applies to either high grade (90-100% pure) extracts or synthetically derived material, preferably, in free-base form. It should also be noted that the T.O.A.D. uses a very specifically crafted alchemical administrative device known as "The Lamp of Invisible Light" which is an argon gas piston vaporizer utilized to administer highly accurate doses of this sacrament in the most efficient manner possible. However, this could easily apply to other, more common methods of administration, that effectively allow for full vaporization of the sacrament to occur. It is also highly recommended that those undertaking such operations, for themselves or others, utilize a properly calibrated gem scale that measures down to a single milligram. Nor is it recommended that administration occur without being in a safe, solid & sacred setting with appropriate supervision of someone who is intimately familiar with both this sacrament and its effects upon the human body and psyche.

We have also noted that, that while Dr. Ralph Metzner's speculates that body weight is a factor in determining effective minimal dosage (EMD) we have not found this to be the case in terms of vaporization. This may not be the case with insufflation. Appropriate effective dosing with 5-MeO-DMT is much more dependent on the individual's physical and mental ability to process the molecule and their willingness to surrender fully into the entheogenic experience it engenders. A solid understanding of the individual's prior history with psychedelic/entactogenic/entheogenic compounds is a key factor in determining precise effective dose. We have also found that it is best to err on the side of providing a slightly lower dose as the ability to provide a second (or even a third) subsequent dose will generally provide the desired result and the effects are definitively cumulative. We will address subsequent dosing below.

Lower Dose Range: For those who have little to no experience with psychoactives it is highly recommended to start in the lower dose ranges. This is generally between 5-7 milligrams. Please note that different materials may have differing weights and this must be carefully taken into consideration. Practice makes perfect. We have successfully administered our sacrament with optimal results to those who have never partaken of anything (alcohol, cannabis, etc.) before and they have done amazingly well.

Medium Dose Range: For those who have moderate experience with psychoactives (perhaps some psilocybin, LSD or MDMA experience) and are generally familiar with and can navigate other psychoactives effectively, a medium dose range may prove more optimal. Somewhere between the 8-12 milligram range has proved sufficient. Once again, taking the individual's level of experience and history with psychoactives as a general guideline.

Higher Dose Range: For those who have a great deal of experience with psychoactives (perhaps a regular ayahuasca practice or have experience with higher dose ranges of LSD or psilocybin) the suggested dose range may be considered to be between 13-20+ milligrams. It must be noted that in higher dose ranges it is generally optimum to start on the lower end of the scale (13-15mg) and work up progressively and prudently. There is no need to rush the process and it will be clear if an individual is capable of taking a subsequent dose.

Subsequent Dosing: It will be readily apparent if a participant needs or can handle a subsequent dose. In most cases this will not be necessary if the protocol has been effectively followed. However, there are those who can effectively process large amounts of tryptamine and we have found that if the participant can indicate that they would like more sacrament (there are several approaches for doing this) that any subsequent dose should be reduced by 1/3. For example: If one was to start with a 12mg dose and was able to request more within a 15-20 minute window, an effective subsequent dose would be 8mg for a total of 20mg. Sometimes a third dose may be required or requested and this can be determined using the above method (i.e. - dialing down by another 1/3 from the second dose) or using one's intuition and working knowledge to make the determination. However, intuition in this regard is something that is developed though much practice.

It is not necessarily recommended that individuals continue to dose once they have achieved the Full Release experience. Extending duration of an experience that is "infinite & eternal" seems counterproductive and can potentially lead to over consumption which may prove less than optimal.

In regards to organic compounds of the sacrament derived from the Bufo Alvarius, it should be noted that only about 15% of this compound contains 5-MeO-DMT with up to 85% of the compound being Bufotenin, in addition to other alkaloids that can cause potential cardiac distress. A common practice of some practitioners we are aware of is to use up to 100mg of the bufotoxin. While effective at this dose range this seems particularly high and due to varying factors it is difficult to make precise dosing estimates possible. We suggest using extreme caution when using these more organically derived compounds. It is also extremely important to have all materials (organic, extracted or synthetic) adequately lab tested and to bioassay such material before offering it to anyone else.

In any event, NO ONE, should ever be administered this sacrament, in any form, who is not mentally and physically prepared to receive it. This should always involve a sufficient physical and mental health screening in advance of participation. And in NO EVENT, should this sacrament be administered to anyone who is taking SSRI or MAOI anti-depressants nor other MAOI related compounds as this can lead to undesirable and potentially dangerous effects.  This cautionary note will be addressed in a subsequent posting.

It is our sincere hope that this information will provide this community with a practical and suitable approach to the process of dosing.

Continued Blessings,

Hal

© Temple of Awakening Divinity 2017

Flux

Many thanks Hal,
Do you have any more detail on the exact constitution of the other 85% of Venom, particularly these other alkaloids ?
cheers,
Flux

JBArk

Can you provide comparative dosing ranges for nn-DMT?

My guess is (assuming vaporization in a GVG or any system with no loss to speed of administration or burning of product) that the comparison would be, using your scale as a comparison:

low dose NN-DMT:10-15mg

medium dose: 15-30

High dose: 30-45 +

I ask because I have always been under the impression that dosing 5MEO was difficult with regards to dosing because the dosage range was 3-10 mg, making it very difficult to measure on all but the most accurate (and prohibitively expensive) of mg scales (which typically are +-5mg.

Thanks,

JBArk

Flux

I guess people's opinions on n-n-DMT dosage levels varies a little more than 5-MeO

I would say 15-20mg is low dose n-n-DMT, 20-50 is medium and 50 plus is a high dose.

Whereas Hals' measurements here are generally agreed upon. There are a few posts here about microscoops or spoons that measure out 1-3mg, 3-7mg, 5-8, 8-10mg, 8-12mg, etc. but micro-scales are really the best option Check out this thread https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php/topic,50423.msg54451.html#msg54451

gurudedicationananda

If one wanted to join the Temple Of Awakening Divinity, or at least participate in a few ceremonies with them, how would one go about doing so?
Thank you

Hal

Hi JBark,

As we don't really work with nnDMT I cannot really comment on this effectively.are suggesting here seems plausible.

Hal

But what you
Quote from: JBArk on November 28, 2017, 09:24:38 AM
Can you provide comparative dosing ranges for nn-DMT?

My guess is (assuming vaporization in a GVG or any system with no loss to speed of administration or burning of product) that the comparison would be, using your scale as a comparison:

low dose NN-DMT:10-15mg

medium dose: 15-30

High dose: 30-45 +

I ask because I have always been under the impression that dosing 5MEO was difficult with regards to dosing because the dosage range was 3-10 mg, making it very difficult to measure on all but the most accurate (and prohibitively expensive) of mg scales (which typically are +-5mg.

Thanks,

JBArk

Hal

Hi Flux,

Bufotenine is the other main constituent. I don't have the details regarding the other alkaloids but remember seeing rather general list posted somewhere on one of the FB forums. I believe by Octavio Rettig.

Some of these MAY be beneficial, but as this has not been scientifically analyzed it's difficult to say. While the T.O.A.D. prefers working with synthetics, that's primarily due to the fact that these can be more readily lab tested for purity and to insure there are no adulterants within our sacrament. It's important to lab test and bio-assay before administering to anyone else. That is our general policy and has been for nearly 10 years.

Hal

Quote from: Flux on November 28, 2017, 03:27:10 AM
Many thanks Hal,
Do you have any more detail on the exact constitution of the other85% of Venom, particularly these other alkaloids ?
cheers,
Flux

HareKrishna

Need help with testing synthetic

Someone mention Sasha Shulgin s lab? How do you do that? Someone said: dancesafe? Is it reliable? Someone said: send it to energycontrol in Spain!? Any efficient suggestions?! It kinda smells like 5 but it doesn't look like the one hcl I had before, this one is perfectly white crystal and it doesn't smell quit as sweet rosy. Help

Equable

In my first experience (glass pipe) it was with 70mg (Longview, Washington). Full release. The second (Miami, Florida), 50mg. It was good but the first one was more loving, intimate, profound and meaningful. In the third one in Mexico I asked the facilitator for a small dose, 20mg. Mexican facilitators usually offer as much as possible. Now I'm about to start on my own and when I read that 20mg is high I'm surprised.

Rising Spirit

Twenty milligrams?  Are you speaking of the natural medicine or the synthesized?  My friend, perhaps you are comparing apples to oranges, or am I misunderstanding you?  20 mg is a VERY heavy dose for lab created, synthetic 5-MeO-DMT but is a very light dose of the Toad venom.  I believe that 20 mg of Toad would be quite mild in effects.  That being said, receptivity is key.  Did you reach full release breakthrough with the 20 mgs?   _/|\_ _/|\_
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Equable

Rising Spirit, you're right. I was confusing one thing with another and I appreciate your comment. For now, I'm only interested in experiences with Toad's 5meoDMT. Now I understand that when it is synthetic, 20mg is a high dose. With 70mg I had the total release (20 min), the same with 50 although but much less time. With 20mg it was just an appetizer, but that's what I wanted that day. Thanks again for helping me understand.

nottwo

Hi Hal

Thanks for all the useful information. Can I just check in with you on what you say about redosing. It's something I've generally avoided as I've not really known how long the existing 5-meo stays active in the body. For me at least the main effect wears off after maybe 15 minutes but the secondary effect generally lasts closer to 45 minutes

So from what you say, if I dose on 12 mg and find that this amount is sub-release, it would be ok to wait 20 minutes from dosing and then take, say, 10 mg (that being 2/3 of 15 mg) to go for the full release dose. Did I understand right?

I might also add that I generally use plugging as the most exact method of dosing and generally the doses have to be smaller using this method and the onset is more like 5 or 6 minutes rather than 20 seconds but I don't want to confuse the question too much with this additional factor.

Handshake

I can't speak for Hal, but usually if you wait 30 minutes post administration you're mostly back to baseline. So doses taken before that point would be additive.

Flux

Found this excerpt from gerry's book, I believe- that shows the other compounds found in toad venom (but not their respective levels)

Handshake

Would be better to use a primary source of information. This article that just came out has a table with exact percentages of compounds found in the toad venom: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00213-019-05236-w

Direct link to the table:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00213-019-05236-w#Tab2