Main Menu

Omega Brainwave Activity

Started by Rising Spirit, September 10, 2018, 09:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rising Spirit

Good evening All.  I would like to present an abstract theory that I initially conceived of decades ago but was rekindled this morning when I watched a video of brother Martin Ball having his brainwave activity monitored while imbibing 5-MeO-DMT.  The process was fascinating and quite remarkable.  I did feel, however, that the scientific paradigm utilized was based wholly on the known territories established by consensus research. 

I feel that there exists a sixth brain wave state, possibly even a seventh but for now let's just focus upon the theory of omega brainwave activity within human cognition.  We are all familiar with:  alpha, theta, delta, beta and gamma.  Yet somehow it seems that there is something else.  I propose the notion of an omega brainwave field.  Much of the mystical experience exists in such a hypothetical state.

I have long suspected that without a closer look at alternate brainwave activities which vibrates on another frequency altogether, we might be missing something quite significant about being human.  Any research along said lines would necessitate a far reaching look into the brain patterning of clairvoyants, monks, mystics, sages and especially, psychonauts.  Does anyone here know if any studies directed to such criteria? 

Admittedly, while technically speaking, I am not a scientist (unless being a trained and well seasoned gemologist holds any pedigree amongst other scientific members, collectively holding the banner of logic and reason, herein)...  but I sense something happening that takes place in a field of conscious-awareness heretofore unexplored.  I've tried to present similar ideas over at the DMT Nexus and had my ass handed to me on a plate.  That being said, I believe that the mystical cannot be separated from the scientific.   Any comments would be most welcomed and appreciated.   _/|\_ _/|\_

Oops, here's the video of Martin's brain scan while peaking on our God Molecule:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKdvO57ve4o
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

physics envy

Have you read Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc?  He has a chapter with a theory that might be similar (or maybe completely different) where he theorizes the psychedelic experience akin to a Bose-Einstein condensate from my recollection.  I admit I haven't read the book in many years and don't recall the details, but maybe worth reviewing to see if it's anything similar to what you're considering?

Rising Spirit

I found this diagram tonight.  Not exactly what I was alluding to but it shows some broader spectrum of brainwave activities.

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/MohammedAli24/brain-computer-interfaces-6988446

Rising Spirit

Same site.  Interesting stuff but no current data on nondual brain wave frequencies, AKA, the hypothetical omega wave state I am theorizing. 

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/smcmedicinedept/eeg-basics?related=1

Rising Spirit

Quote from: physics envy on September 11, 2018, 01:14:00 PM
Have you read Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc?  He has a chapter with a theory that might be similar (or maybe completely different) where he theorizes the psychedelic experience akin to a Bose-Einstein condensate from my recollection.  I admit I haven't read the book in many years and don't recall the details, but maybe worth reviewing to see if it's anything similar to what you're considering?

I just ordered it and am awaiting delivery.  I'm pretty eager to crack it open.  Tryptamine Palace's reputation precedes it in my bookcase!  Sounds wonderful for my integration phase.  I have had 3 powerful experiences and need to take a break for now.  My work is to ground the epiphanies, to integrate the lessons learned about the illusory boundaries between within and without, the inside and the outside.  The way is clear and the path a lit by a blinding, all conscious light.   _/|\_ _/|\_

RoundAbout

I don't have any expertise either, but humor me with a few suppositions.

Suppose that this omega brainwave has an amplitude similar to other brain waves, and thus is detectable. Perhaps this is a reasonable trait of a brainwave that you propose is so significant. To find the 'omega' frequency, you could look at a spectrogram made from the Fourier transform of the EEG data. To help visualize this, here an example of a EEG spectrogram: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lAldXrQ41h0/VD0IddnepAI/AAAAAAAACvo/JVi5WDpfI-Y/s1600/spec.png

As you can see, from 90 seconds time (x-axis), activity with a frequency (y-axis) of ~10Hz becomes pronounced as indicated by a prominent, continuous red band. This corresponds to alpha activity, and the author has labelled this as the period they closed their eyes. If a subject was on psychedelics, why couldn't there be a similar but wholly new omega frequency band just sitting in the spectrogram, appearing just as soon as the molecules entered their brain?

EEG is fairly simple technology that is being embraced by hobbyists, and professional researchers presumably have access to even more advanced equipment. There have been studies of people meditating, on drugs, and probably most other interesting states that can be induced while not moving too much. There is immense pressure to publish novel research. Why haven't they discovered this 'omega frequency'? Has it just been sitting there in the data all this time, despite many, many experts looking through this sort of data?

I think everyone would be interested in finding it. So how has it escaped everyone's attention?

Edit: To be more clear, it sounds like you're suggesting something likely detectable in a well researched area based on... a feeling? I doubt you've ever used an EEG to differentiate brain activity... it seems much more likely that you're just being fanciful. If you liked my comment based on believing it was somehow supporting your initial idea, it may be because you have a large bias.

Rising Spirit

Quote from: RoundAboutEEG is fairly simple technology that is being embraced by hobbyists, and professional researchers presumably have access to even more advanced equipment. There have been studies of people meditating, on drugs, and probably most other interesting states that can be induced while not moving too much. 

There is immense pressure to publish novel research. Why haven't they discovered this 'omega frequency'? Has it just been sitting there in the data all this time, despite many, many experts looking through this sort of data?  I think everyone would be interested in finding it. So how has it escaped everyone's attention?
I strongly suspect that if said Omega state were easily detectable, it would surely be considered just another frequency of brain wave activity, albeit somewhat of an anomaly.  Then again, it may well be a state of suspended activity.  When thoughts become still, when Samadhi reaches full bloom, just what takes place neurologically?  The tools of the trade are created to find what they are crafted to locate. 

In my personal profession as a bench jeweler, lapidary artist, gemologist and long time student of the geometry of crystallography, we find that yesterday's parameters and established ranges of mapping well-established territories...   are today's antiquated, somewhat obsolete notions.  Each new breakthrough redefines the whole game.   Science is discovery not dogmatism.  Refractive indexes, specific gravity, internal structural density/hardness and chemical composition are set within a defined spectrum and until new examples arrive, these are essentially the laws by which the science as a whole, operates within. 

We catalog the known and the quantifiable phenomena.  Still, new gemstones are discovered that measure outside if established grounds and exist as the object of much delight amongst fellow gem peoples.  This expands the current stratagem to a new degree of possibility and demands alternative measurement (yet another paradigmatic occurrence redefining science and human understanding).  Likewise, the proposed Omega state could be outside of EEG's ordinary field of detection?  It's exciting to speculate.  ::)

Quote from: RoundAbout Edit: To be more clear, it sounds like you're suggesting something likely detectable in a well researched area based on... a feeling? I doubt you've ever used an EEG to differentiate brain activity... it seems much more likely that you're just being fanciful. If you liked my comment based on believing it was somehow supporting your initial idea, it may be because you have a large bias.
Ouch and yeah, "OUCH" again.  Let's play nice.  I liked your reply simply because you made it, no agenda nor any bias involved.  You expressed your ideas clearly, providing documentation and that made me smile.  Thank you for your insights and the pertinent links...  but please, there's no need to condescend.  That being yelped, I strongly question the content of your projections about my ideas, as I base my theory upon my direct personal and supra-personal experiences, themselves born of deep inquiry and shifting attention from the relative, transitory mind sequences, towards a seamless immersion into the Unified Field.  Yes, my notion is inspired through intuition but that doesn't mean it is without validity.

I have come to discover that my brain is an incredibly complex processor of multifarious data, a repository of multiples of thoughts, impressions and ideas firing ad infinitum.  My hypothesis is neither fanciful nor is it a mere feeling.  Granted, it's like trying to describe a new color based on our perception of the infra red through ultra violet color spectrum.  Many intrepid psychonauts do report seeing new colors which exist beyond our ordinary understanding and defy any kind quantification.  After all, some things occur in extraordinary states of heightened  consciousness and cannot feasibly be measured outside of said higher states. 

Again, I sincerely thank you for your reply.  Be well and shine brightly.     _/|\_ _/|\_

RoundAbout

Quote from: Rising Spirit on September 23, 2018, 08:46:54 PM
I strongly suspect that if said Omega state were easily detectable, it would surely be considered just another frequency of brain wave activity, albeit somewhat of an anomaly.  Then again, it may well be a state of suspended activity.  When thoughts become still, when Samadhi reaches full bloom, just what takes place neurologically?  The tools of the trade are created to find what they are crafted to locate. 

In my personal profession as a bench jeweler, lapidary artist, gemologist and long time student of the geometry of crystallography, we find that yesterday's parameters and established ranges of mapping well-established territories...   are today's antiquated, somewhat obsolete notions.  Each new breakthrough redefines the whole game.   Science is discovery not dogmatism.  Refractive indexes, specific gravity, internal structural density/hardness and chemical composition are set within a defined spectrum and until new examples arrive, these are essentially the laws by which the science as a whole, operates within. 

We catalog the known and the quantifiable phenomena.  Still, new gemstones are discovered that measure outside if established grounds and exist as the object of much delight amongst fellow gem peoples.  This expands the current stratagem to a new degree of possibility and demands alternative measurement (yet another paradigmatic occurrence redefining science and human understanding).  Likewise, the proposed Omega state could be outside of EEG's ordinary field of detection?  It's exciting to speculate.  ::)

I never said I disbelieve that spectacular undiscovered changes occur in the brain while under the influence of powerful molecules. I think that it seems unlikely that these changes are attributable to this omega frequency, unless you grant that it is somehow extremely difficult to detect. As a non-expert, assuming limitations of a technique and its engineering seems fraught unless well justified, especially if the limitation is present within the ordinary use of the technology. In absence of strong justification, it seems like one is disparaging the technology to advance their own beliefs.

To address the main thrust of your statements: I think an analogy can be made with mineralogy in the discovery of the first natural quasi-crystal, icosahedrite. It was found by searching databases of X-ray diffraction patterns that had the potential to be misinterpreted as minerals, while actually being quasi-crystalline (and therefore lacking translational symmetry). It was then confirmed with detailed measurements. Why was it searched for? The precedent was found in decades of quasi-crystal synthesis in chemistry. Unbeknownst to the researchers, this exact quasi-crystal had even been synthesized before, whereas this sample was from an asteroid. There are probably mountains of EEG data, but where is your precedent, and how will you actually search for it? Does it mimic seizure activity or something?

Quote from: Rising Spirit on September 23, 2018, 08:46:54 PM
Ouch and yeah, "OUCH" again.  Let's play nice.  I liked your reply simply because you made it, no agenda nor any bias involved.  You expressed your ideas clearly, providing documentation and that made me smile.  Thank you for your insights and the pertinent links...  but please, there's no need to condescend.  That being yelped, I strongly question the content of your projections about my ideas, as I base my theory upon my direct personal and supra-personal experiences, themselves born of deep inquiry and shifting attention from the relative, transitory mind sequences, towards a seamless immersion into the Unified Field.  Yes, my notion is inspired through intuition but that doesn't mean it is without validity.

I have come to discover that my brain is an incredibly complex processor of multifarious data, a repository of multiples of thoughts, impressions and ideas firing ad infinitum.  My hypothesis is neither fanciful nor is it a mere feeling.  Granted, it's like trying to describe a new color based on our perception of the infra red through ultra violet color spectrum.  Many intrepid psychonauts do report seeing new colors which exist beyond our ordinary understanding and defy any kind quantification.  After all, some things occur in extraordinary states of heightened  consciousness and cannot feasibly be measured outside of said higher states. 

Again, I sincerely thank you for your reply.  Be well and shine brightly.     _/|\_ _/|\_
I lack tact in the absence of tone, my apologies (not saying that reading my comment with proper tone would make it tactful, just that I resort to rudeness in text conversation to avoid confusion). I engage with consensus reality, and if you want to lead me a few steps off that path, I will entertain those notions. I will not follow you to your world, where few people are. I think that if you are unable to interface these two worlds for most people, they will have no desire to follow your exact thoughts. My comment on you not using an EEG before was simply a statement that the first step down that path might be comparing your state with the feedback from an EEG; this is not condescension. I don't know.

I agree that these experiences simply aren't understood scientifically. But why then, must they directly relate to this particular thing which is probably currently measurable? To be frank, it's what you thought while/from taking large amounts of drugs.

it is what it is

Rising Spirit

Quote from: RoundAboutI never said I disbelieve that spectacular undiscovered changes occur in the brain while under the influence of powerful molecules. I think that it seems unlikely that these changes are attributable to this omega frequency, unless you grant that it is somehow extremely difficult to detect. As a non-expert, assuming limitations of a technique and its engineering seems fraught unless well justified, especially if the limitation is present within the ordinary use of the technology. In absence of strong justification, it seems like one is disparaging the technology to advance their own beliefs.

Please pardon me for the delayed response.  I work 6 days a week and I've had a number of home improvement projects and creative endeavors occupying my attention.  Thank you for your fine reply.  I never said or implied that you denied that the primary psychedelics trigger said spectacular occurrences (and always have opened doors of perception which exist within alternate fields of existential being).  As for myself, whomever I may be at this very moment, I never claimed that a hypothetical Omega wave was in any way a catalyst.  What does constitute the shift in conscious-awareness is primarily the molecules involved.  I chose the name Omega to imply a far-reaching departure from the established, well mapped out states of mind.  I do emphatically speculate that the state does indeed exist....  with or without our participation or our acknowledgement of it's existence.

I do suggest through word-play that as Alpha is the begging, Omega is the polarized ending.  Omega wave function may well be the seeming cessation of brain wave activity as we currently understand it?  Not unconsciousness, rather, supra-consciousness... Samadhi.  It is neither a seizure state nor a state of comatose.  The message of my hypothetical construct revolves around a state of consciousness in which individuated brain wave activity does not exist, experientially speaking.  Obviously the brain still functions while the attention of the observer still holds witness to being present and alert, yet, subjectivity is held in stasis, a focussed and clear void of thought.  The Zen Buddhists refer to this phenomenon as, "No Mind".  The main question which might feasibly be raised is, can it be detected by neurological science, it's methodologies and it's technologies?  Does it behave as the other waves do and if it doesn't, how do we map it's parameters?  I don't know and cannot claim to know.

Quote from: RoundAboutTo address the main thrust of your statements: I think an analogy can be made with mineralogy in the discovery of the first natural quasi-crystal, icosahedrite. It was found by searching databases of X-ray diffraction patterns that had the potential to be misinterpreted as minerals, while actually being quasi-crystalline (and therefore lacking translational symmetry). It was then confirmed with detailed measurements. Why was it searched for? The precedent was found in decades of quasi-crystal synthesis in chemistry. Unbeknownst to the researchers, this exact quasi-crystal had even been synthesized before, whereas this sample was from an asteroid. There are probably mountains of EEG data, but where is your precedent, and how will you actually search for it? Does it mimic seizure activity or something?

The main thrust of my statements is in fact, the honest desire of one who has given nearly forty years of their life looking beyond the surface confines the known and the procedurally quantifiable.  Undiscovered miracles do remain shrouded in mystery. But who doesn't love a good mystery?

Granted, how this relates to brain wave detection does come off as a leap away from logic and concrete deduction.  That being said, I've long believed that reason is a wonderful tool and not meant to become a prison.  I first entertained this notion in 1980, due to firsthand experience.  I was amongst a small group of participants undergoing EEG brainwave scans, while engaging in progressive stages of guided visualization, a period of contemplation and sitting deep meditation, progressively leading to what we used to phrase in those days as, "silencing the mind".

My heart rate, respiration and brainwave activity were monitored for about 35-40 minutes.  I was not under the enigmatic effect of any psychedelic or entheogenic substance, nor was I deep into a period iof fasting or sensory deprivation.  Myself and a few other fellow members of the Moksha Foundation, were invited by a few people whose research was apparently funded by the University of Colorado.  I found it fascinating at the time and that's an understatement.  At the appex of my session, I was told that my brain was experiencing gamma wave activity.  This is wholly congruent with studies involving EEG scans on Indian yogis and Tibetan Buddhists.  Swami Rama was instrumental in the pioneering research taking place in the late 1970s and 1980s.  While a good deal of information was forthcoming...  the general gist was to attribute extraordinary states of mental activity to higher gamma wave resonance, the higher mind activated through such an exquisite band of cognitive functioning. 

But as highly speculative as it may appear in absence of evidence corroborated through procedural method.  I am personally certain that there are levels upon levels, expanding beyond the known and rationally knowable, quantifiable consensus belief in any reality which has clearly defined parameters within a known spectrum.   As such, the basic theory revolves around the suggestion that there is another brain wave state which perhaps lies beyond what we currently understand, a supra high frequency field within the higher mind, one in which stops all thought fluctuations, an enigmatic pause between the artifice of human beliefs and the wide open expanse of possibility, exponentially expanded, ad infinitum (something Hive members share amongst themselves by having crossed the threshold, as well).  I suspect that sober master souls throughout our species' long history and it's unfolding future, have experienced.

Quote from: RoundAboutI lack tact in the absence of tone, my apologies (not saying that reading my comment with proper tone would make it tactful, just that I resort to rudeness in text conversation to avoid confusion). I engage with consensus reality, and if you want to lead me a few steps off that path, I will entertain those notions. I will not follow you to your world, where few people are. I think that if you are unable to interface these two worlds for most people, they will have no desire to follow your exact thoughts. My comment on you not using an EEG before was simply a statement that the first step down that path might be comparing your state with the feedback from an EEG; this is not condescension. I don't know.

That's cool and I do believe you.  As they say in sunny Brazil, "nao problema".   I am glad you took the time to share your well-crafted, intelligent counterpoint.  And my purpose in presenting this thread was mostly born in a kind of post-tripping spontaneity.  I had recently had my third experience with 5-MeO-DMT and was revisiting an idea which I had four decades ago and still revisit occasionally.  This 5 molecule took me so deeply into the nondual state...  I was shaken to the very depths of my being.  Much of the experience cannot be described but there are jewels which have been culled from the direct interphase with the Absolute.  Even calling it, "Absolute" is quite ludicrous. 

Quote from: RoundAboutI agree that these experiences simply aren't understood scientifically. But why then, must they directly relate to this particular thing which is probably currently measurable? To be frank, it's what you thought while/from taking large amounts of drugs.

it is what it is

To be equally frank, there are no limits to conscious-awareness.  Intuition may not be a science but it is a force which often leads to new breakthroughs and discoveries.  "Who feels it knows it".  But such a proposed wave must be more than just a hunch, it remains a mystery until it becomes reliably detectable.  I don't know if it is feasible to entertain this idea, which is currently immeasurable, for it theoretically remains undetected by any known standard procedure.  And while some early explorations and studies were undergone with human participants under the influenced mescaline, LSD and mushrooms, way back in the 1960s...  all of that changed in the wake of the scheduling of these psychedelics, during the repression of the 1970s and further on.  Research went from quite widespread to practically underground.  A new day dawns in this 21st century and perhaps we are approaching greater interest in researching such areas?   _/|\_ _/|\_

physics envy

Martin Ball recently took 5 while being hooked up, and at his Exploring Psychedelics conference the researchers had a discussion after showing video of the event.  Perhaps audio of that discussion will be released on Martin's podcast over the next few months.  Possibly some members here made it to the conference?  (I was unable to attend).  Jeff Tarant is the name of the researcher listed on the Exploring Psychedelics website...perhaps he would be someone worth trying to connect with?

There is also a local guy named Dr. Juan Acosta that I recently met (San Francisco area) who has been doing EEG/psychedelic research for a few decades and he presented at the recent WBAC.  His website is neuroshamanism.com .  Perhaps you'd be interested in some of the papers he's released on his site, and maybe he would be worth contacting?

Handshake

The EEG data is not terribly useful nor is it very conclusive of anything. It's not enough data to make any significant claims.

RoundAbout

Quote from: Rising Spirit on October 04, 2018, 12:27:58 AM
To be equally frank, there are no limits to conscious-awareness.  Intuition may not be a science but it is a force which often leads to new breakthroughs and discoveries.  "Who feels it knows it". 
Thanks for the response.
OK, so can you estimate the frequency in Hz and tell us which areas of the brain the omega frequency is most active in?

Rising Spirit

Quote from: RoundAboutThanks for the response.
OK, so can you estimate the frequency in Hz and tell us which areas of the brain the omega frequency is most active in?

Thank YOU for your responses.  As I stated from the onset of this thread, I merely theorize this particular brainwave state exists.  I am being admittedly right-brained and intuitive and as such, cannot validate my theory with any certainty, specificity or exact quantification.   I do sincerely wonder if a more evolved technology existed today, we might find levels above and bellow our current understanding about the spectrum of functioning taking place within the human brain and perhaps other species of animals?  That being said I lack any verifiable data, therefore, my idea stands more upon the rather abstract notion that there are multiples of alternate brainwave frequencies and they are still, rather under-researched. 

As for the Hz frequency of the proposed omega wave, I would suspect it to be very high, more so than even hyper-gamma or lambda waves  As contemporary science reveals, there are more than just the most easily understood quintet of brainwaves:  alpha, beta, delta, theta and gamma...  there are also:  kappa, mu, lambda and epsilon waves.  Admittedly, a great deal of my musing revolves around the idea of a state of mind which is wholly nondual in nature.  Those who have been transported into such a fulcrum of undifferentiated transcendence, abloom with the blinding light of infinity, there unfolds a point wherein the mind essentially stops.  It is neither a seizure nor a state of comatose.  It seems as if it resides above the physical brain mass, a frequency which seats in higher dimensional hyper-reality.  I like to note that from the onset of the acceptance of the science of EEG, way back in 1959, much has unfolded. Even gamma wave research had to be built by expanding the criteria in selecting participants to study.  Yogins and Buddhist monks have contributed a good deal to what we have gleaned above higher brain functioning.

I alluded clearly as to the implied nature of this brainwave in naming it "omega".  It is proposed as the high vibrational level of mind wherein all thought is suspended completely, ergo, there is a stilling or silencing of the mind.  It might be understood as a deep pause. Having the experience of 5-MeO-DMT, as either natural toad secretions or the lab made synthetic, is wonderful in this regard.  The dissolution of the self into the indivisible unity of the One...  cannot be properly spoken of, so ultimately it can only be given a name or a title.  As a state of being, it has historically been named in many descriptives like:  samadhi, satori, ecstatic rapture, absolute bliss and many others, each relative to it's own cultural context.  It is as a state of mental attention the tipping-point whereby subjectivism ceases to function within the cognitive resonance of the individual.  It may be most enlightening, as a perception but this is eclipsed by total immersion with in the unified field. 

This is arguably, where imperical science can no longer feasibly measure the phenomenon or formulate any repeatable experiment by which it could fix such wholly spiritual perceptions into a clearly defined subject, one adhering to both consensus reality and the laws of physics.  Well, at least the impasse exists within the paradigmn of our present degree of rational inquiry, as it is directly funded by research organizations who follow specific protocols.  Mystical experiences are difficult to map.  Religion fails equally, in mapping said fields of consciousness.  I simply suggest that conscious-awareness exists beyond the material brain itself and that it is primarily consciousness which creates mind, not the other way around.  Again, thanx for your contributions in this discussion, as I am not seeking total or even partial agreement, I simply seek the truth.  Often, said truth is only a mystery until new discovery brings light to breakthroughs in our collective understanding.  It's exciting to think about the burgeoning advances in our present technology, isn't it?  The best is yet to come! 

Some interesting links:

http://www.brainwavecollege.com/brainwave-entrainment-history.html

https://hubpages.com/education/What-are-Lambda-Epsilon-waves-Out-of-body-experiences-with-theta-and-lambda-waves

https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/what-about-lambda-a-consciousness-expanding-high-frequency-brainwave-state-for-advanced-meditators/

http://co-bw.com/Brain_Music/Epsilon,%20Gamma,%20HyperGamma%20and%20Lambda%20Brainwave%20Activity.htm

RoundAbout

Quote from: Rising Spirit on November 01, 2018, 01:10:24 PMI like to note that from the onset of the acceptance of the science of EEG, way back in 1959, much has unfolded. Even gamma wave research had to be built by expanding the criteria in selecting participants to study.  Yogins and Buddhist monks have contributed a good deal to what we have gleaned above higher brain functioning.

Often, said truth is only a mystery until new discovery brings light to breakthroughs in our collective understanding.  It's exciting to think about the burgeoning advances in our present technology, isn't it?  The best is yet to come!
Yes, it is exciting. I do wonder if the phenomenon you're describing has a structural basis rather than a new brainwave frequency... which might make fMRI, PET or MEG more suitable. The equipment for these are in general more difficult to get access to and far more expensive... which might mean less research into this topic using these techniques. Obviously, I have no idea and I'm not familiar with the literature.

I'll revisit the topics in those links at a later time; I don't think it would be fruitful for me currently. As an aside, I am highly skeptical of unfamiliar techniques which require purchased resources from the same site explaining the concepts (as there is a strong conflict of interest). I recently began meditating (with guidance)... maybe it will make this type of discussions more comprehensible if I am dedicated to the practice.

Edit: Perhaps if the "Like" function was changed to "Thank" it would be more useful.

Rising Spirit

You know, the Lamda wave meets many of the criteria for my theoretical Omega wave.  It's activation correlates to mystical and out of body experiences and the brainwave activity therein.  The most fascinating thing to me is that while it vibrates at a frequency of up to 200 Hz, it has been observed to ride piggy-back upon the easy breezy Epsilon wave, whose vibrational frequency is a staggering .5 Hz!  So, logically speaking, does this suggest that the highest measurable Hz frequency links to the lowest Hz frequency?  This is the kind of thing that keeps me up late at night.   ;D

That being said, what I have proposed as a theoretical hypothesis about an Omega wave, may well be the point where human consciousness transcends the brain and moves into hyper reality.  Awareness exists without a thought or any sense of one's own individual self.  If my theory about that kind of heightened, super state of mind I label Omega holds any weight at all (and admittedly it may not), it must be an end point in the spectrum, an unbroken stillness which exists in vast, eternal proportions.  It's intriguing to ponder about these things, eh? 
Ciao