Main Menu

Smell of the toad sacrament flashbacks

Started by GuyCrittenden, July 09, 2017, 08:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyCrittenden

Has anyone else experienced what I'm experiencing? By which I mean that more than a week after using the toad sacrament I regularly experience the smell of the smoke very powerfully, like someone lit a pipe right under my nose!

It's so powerful that I stop what I'm doing and sit and inhale the odour. It reminds me powerfully of the experience, and is so vivid I find myself looking around to see if someone is smoking it nearby, when the circumstance makes it impossible.

The other night I was screening the film Dying to Know about the friendship between Timothy Leary and Ram Dass. Throughout the film I strongly smelled the toad medicine to the extent that I periodically paused the film. My two guests smelled nothing unusual.

Im not sharing this because I find the experience objectionable. I actually like it. But it ranks among the strangest phenomena I've ever encountered with a psychedelic!

Xzen

Yes, this happens periodically for me. The aroma has now become a natural & familiar part of my life.

I also have the same with Dimitri .. & sometimes with Madre. Perhaps it is to do with the considered notion of 're-activation'.

I have a sense my body is doing something fresh (creating its own 5 experience), & as such .. it may well be I am smelling the flush of new ways of being ..

I would love a neuro-scientist to kick in with info here .. are we smelling our own chemical evolution? Or perhaps we are simply now aware of a scent / essence that has always been present .. & we required fine-tuning to grock this.

Rising Spirit

While I still remain a 5-MeO virgin, I agree that there is something about our remembrance and re-experiencing of the sights, sounds and aromas associated with our most cherished entheogens. I liken it to an echo of the primary catalyst and source of the self-shattering experience. 
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Pan

Can you describe how the smell is like? There are flowers (in spring such as hawthorn) and odors that resemble that of toad. Just to know if I am at the same level as you concerning this.