Main Menu

Greetings

Started by robertlecross, June 12, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertlecross

Hello! I'm steadily catching up on James Jesso's Adventures Through the Mind podcast (started at the beginning a couple months ago), and just heard Rafael's excellent interview - so here I am.

I'm older - some of my peers are grandparents - and my psychedelic experience is limited, to say the least (or is that the most?). A minuscule amount in college, some experience with breathwork, a half dose of MDMA last year, a mild mushroom experience more recently - and that's IT. But I'm VERY interested in exploring this, starting since a few years ago and especially in the last year. However access isn't easy (my many used-to-be-hippie friends are all responsible now - darn it) and opportunities (especially time for myself) are almost nonexistent. So in lieu of experimentation, I've been learning.

Actually this learning time has been amazing! I've been mostly listening to podcasts, some reading (currently Wade Davis' One River - wow!). In a way the learning has itself been the psychedelic experience I need right now, and when the right "medicine" is ready for me, I'll be ready for it.

Anyway, that's about it. 5meoDMT is one of the substances I'm particularly interested in, and I'm sure I'll encounter it 'in the real' when the time is right.

Have a great day,

R.