Main Menu

Retreat Center in Mexico

Started by nottwo, August 18, 2017, 05:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nottwo

For quite a while now I've had the idea of setting up a retreat center in Mexico which would employ 5-meo, and possibly other entheogens, as a mode of healing as well as understanding the non dual nature of reality. There are a number of centers in Mexico, such as those offering ibogaine for additions, which are run on a medical basis often with US or Mexican doctors (which I'm definitely not).

I can see in the legal status list in this forum it's showing up as "legal" in Mexico. I have tried to check this out and, despite being a Spanish speaker and having a familiarity with legislation, I haven't come up with anything conclusive on this.

I'd be grateful if anyone can point me to the exact words in the Mexican legislation  :)

Also, if anyone is interested in this project in whatever capacity, feel free to contact me!

Xzen

Wonderful, nottwo .. a great vision indeed!

I also considered this option, & imagine there a quite a few out there who have had similar ideas (I know of a few groups). It would be excellent if there was more open discussion about the idea.

My concern is that of addressing standards .. quality of conduct, service from those in the system, duty of care, etc.

As we currently do not have a collective agreement of ethics & codes of conduct within the 5 community, it seems to me we run the risk of inspiring haphazard, unsafe practices with others if this is not clearly addressed.

That said .. if someone could open a clinic & broadcast EXCELLENT standards .. that would potentially be a remarkable step in the right direction.

IMO such a project requires not just practitioners, but also scientists, medical professionals, legal documents & local support, study programmes, environmental impact reports & sustainability action (particularly for organic) etc.

I am certainly curious to stay in the loop about this.

Xzen

I'd be grateful if anyone can point me to the exact words in the Mexican legislation  :)

Perhaps a pm to Flux, the moderator who posted the legal status information, would be beneficial. He may well be able to point you in the right direction.

nottwo

Thanks very much for you excellent reply Xzen. Yes, it's certainly a project that needs a huge amount of preparation and research. I finish a long term (20-year!) project this December so I'm going to have time to dedicate myself to some of the investigation required to make this work well. I'm aware of several people who are already working in this field, some from a shamanistic angle (which is in no way my approach), and some from a therapeutic angle.

I'll definitely keep you in the loop, Xzen, and I'm happy to hear from anyone else who might be interested in whatever capacity.

Handshake

Please keep me in the loop as well, nottwo. This is in my area of interest/expertise, though I promote work with synthetic rather than organic due to sustainability issues.

nottwo

Hi HumbleVoyager

Yes, I would be interested in working with synthetic only. I know that there are people who collect toad venom responsibly and there are also people who keep their own toads in optimum conditions. However the system is potentially open to abuse and I see no objection to using laboratory manufactured product which has been appropriately tested for purity.

Flux

Hi notwo,

I did some research and found some promising links...and sure I sent you a personal message but cant seem to see it now (let me know if nothing cane through and I'll dig it up again because it would be good to post to the forum as most of it was in Spanish).

cheers,

Flux

nottwo

Hi Flux

Thanks so much for checking this out for me - much appreciated. No, I didn't get your message; I'll send you a quick PM now to check the technology :-)

I've read through the "Codigo Penal" but it's all pretty vague stuff. Also some of it hides a multitude of sins - it's legal to smoke marihuana but if you were to pass the joint to your husband/wife/friend then a minimum 5 year sentence applies!