Main Menu

KUNDALINI & PSYCHEDELICS

Started by Flux, January 09, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JO_neness

Hey Guys, I wanna tell you I'm fine again. Stopped meditating altogether and the energy is almost gone now. Sleeping well. Thank you for your concerns!

I want to share something with someone who might need it in the future: Even if it feels like you can't sleep because of huge amounts of energy coursing through the body, just try to anyway. What happened with me is that, the energy eventually numbs itself and then out of nowhere, you fall asleep. The first week I had to wait about an hour for it to calm down, so I added one extra hour of sleep. Now I fall asleep as quick as the next man. It gets better, friend. Take care.

Also, stop using any meditative techniques you have discovered to raise the energy, even though they make you feel amazing. It's not worth your sanity.

Rising Spirit

Quote from: JO_nenessHey Guys, I wanna tell you I'm fine again. Stopped meditating altogether and the energy is almost gone now. Sleeping well. Thank you for your concerns!
I'm so glad to hear you've found some equilibrium and are able to sleep properly.  Insomnia is one of the unfortunate side effects from full on Kundalini activation.  Your instincts are correct about shifting attention and moving into other fields of mind, tuning into alternate brainwave states.  Learning to do this is the essence of true meditation and said, "meditation" is opening a doorway beyond oneself, which leads to your own eternal nature.   <3

Quote from: JO_nenessAlso, stop using any meditative techniques you have discovered to raise the energy, even though they make you feel amazing. It's not worth your sanity.
Pardon my candor but your inability to balance and integrate the force of the "serpent energy" is precisely because you are growing rapidly in conscious-awareness and so, you are opening yourself up to the inner mechanics of your own neurological system and what lies beyond the 3rd dimension.

Deep meditation is the very best way to gradually train your body and mind to integrate the immense surge in psychic energy, incrementally, purposefully and holistically.  Again, I humbly suggest you ease back down on your use of 5-MeO-DMT and/or other self-shattering entheogenic substances...  atbleast until your system is ready. 

You've essentially released the floodwaters of immortality, but just a wee bit too suddenly and perhaps, you were somewhat unprepared?  Who ever is, though.  Cultivating an unwavering focus and creating crystalline clarity of intention is a life long journey.  Walk in peace and harmony, my friend.   _/|\_ _/|\_

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Handshake

While I generally agree that it is best to fully develop meditative techniques and strategies in combination with medicine work, sometimes if one finds themselves in water too deep, it can be very resourceful to stop meditative practices as well as medicine use. Once the individual is ready to return to the work, the opened spaces will reopen for them.

Not to take away from what you said, Rising Spirit. My intention is just to offer another perspective on the process that JO_neness may have been going through.

In general, I'm really glad to hear that they are feeling better and sleeping well again.

Rising Spirit

Quote from: HumbleVoyagerNot to take away from what you said, Rising Spirit. My intention is just to offer another perspective on the process that JO_neness may have been going through.
By all means, please continue to shine your light upon any statements I utter.  I just feel that in combination, Kundalini Yoga with any of the major Sacred Medicines, often overwhelming forces are released within the biology of the traveler.  But the molecules increase the process exponentially, while the Yoga...  by itself, is far less precipitous.   _/|\_

From July of 1991 until January of 2009, I partook of no psychedelics at all.  Throughout the time I still practiced deep meditation, Kriya-Kundalini Yoga, Surat Shabd Yoga and Zazen.  Rarely was I unable to balance and integrate the released the serpent energy, as it was so much more gradual. Full moons were perhaps the only exception. 

Fate drew me into the enigmatic dance with NN-DMT and I was hardly able to withstand some of the tremendous force of the geyser-like erruption!  The same goes for psilocybin mushrooms.  I honestly believe that "going to the well too often" is responsible for many voyagers troubles in grounding the surges in their Qi.  These days, I partake when I am invited by the Medicine Teachers and this is but a handful of times per year.  How often do most 21 st century psychonauts imbibe?   _/|\_

Rising Spirit

Hi people,
                   Odd that so little commentary about this profound thread has been actively entertained.  Why so?  Even acid and mescaline can trigger the surging rise of such sheer existential energy, as such, I just wanted to ignite some degree of significant dialog about Kundalini in general and the well-documented experience reports which clearly convey the dynamic and self-shattering effects of full activation of the "serpent energy" has from an entheogenic interphase. 

Please forgive me if I generalize, as such silly attempts to assess the unknown behavior of essentially silent members of this exceptional group is both questionable and rather unproductive in it's scope.  Or is it?  Frankly, I sincerely believe that our collective,  shared experience reports are more precious than gold.  Please share your high-frequency Kundalini encounters, all of you sweet and oh so beautiful soul expressions.

VedicPaul

I experienced full kundalini ascension. I've been meditating/focusing/trying for that 23 years before it actually happened from the toad medicine. Go figure. One way or another is good enough for me. It was the most profound experience of my life.

Rising Spirit

My very first Kundalini experience was triggered by LSD-25 in early 1978.  It was perhaps my 6th or 7th psychedelic experience?  And despite my years of involvement with sitting meditation (initially Zen but followed by TM), I had no idea exactly what Kundalini was or what changes it could bring to one's perception of oneself, universal energy and...  an avenue to embracing the immensity of Infinity.  Naturally, this led me on a great quest, one fueled by my initial, spontaneous experiences with the "serpent energy". 

I eagerly became involved in the Self Realization Fellowship in early 1980, which expounds the teachings of Swami Paramahamsa Yogananda (whose book, Autobiography of A Yogi, changed millions upon millions of lives).  Kundalini/Kriya Yoga is the science of energy flow and direct spiritual transmission.  It holds that prana or vital life force, is intricately linked to the breath and the vital spiritual body patiently awaits our focussed attention to awaken within this 3-dimensional paradigmn.  Meditation is sooooooo key towards this endeavor, a path leading beyond the beyondest beyond.  The auric body, the ethereal form which resides concurrent within the physical body, is nurtured and essentially ignited by the rise in our Kundalini.   

Many moons have passed since then and living life has brought me a greater understanding about the nature of this universal play of an unbridled energy and it's silent counterpart, ecstatic repose.  Many things have shaken my surface views on my own life, shattering the self-perpetuated dream of my fragile bubble of individual existence.  At the appex of my search for higher consciousness, following decades of sadhana and deep inquiry...  the alluring call of the entheogenic path pulled my attention right back to the neo-shamanic ways.  Mushrooms led me to N,N-DMT and nearly a decade later, to the miraculous grace of 5-MeO-DMT.  This sacred molecule has redefined everything I know about conscious-awareness, direct intent, spiritual resolve and the ineffible nature of the Absolute force which is all pervasive, wholly inerrant within all of this consensus world of reality, that we all co-create together.     

After some study and reflection about this sacrement of medicines, I found this website, a safe haven for those baptized by the power of the Toad healing.  A kind and wise soul helped me to fascilitate my inaugural voyage with 5.  It superseded everything and more of what my entire spiritual journey had revealed.  Granted all medicines are external allies and without their intervention, we wander through the avenues of reason and imagination.  The Kundalini release shook me to the core and I honestly expected that I had gone and done it...  overdosed and in so doing, died.  Thankfully, I live on to tell the tale.  At the peak moments of the voyage into Divine Light, it was difficult to maintain poise and posture.  I fell forward, hands outstretched, as I fell into the expanse of an infinite, all-absorbing presence.  Holy...  God!!! 

The Kundalini shot up the spinal axis with such intensity and immediacy, I was scarcely able to hold my attention upon the HUGE ascension to the higher crown region.  Good lord...  the parallel waves of energy which rises with the rushing force of the God Molecule, crisscrossed at each chakra, oddly, it did not find it's home within the sweet spot of any psychedelic traveler, the all-seeing eye, the proverbial third eye or Ajna chakra.  The current lingered for some minutes but shifted much higher, only to explode like a supernova within the field of the limitless expanse of the Sahasrara (the 7th chakra). 

Within seconds, all I could perceive was unlimited primordial Light.  I had been dissolved by the sky rocketing eclipse.  The whole of my perceptual field was fully immersed in a fulcrum of insubstanciality, undifferentiated effulgence.  Tonal frequencies hummed and buzzed with tremendous presence.  I find that 5 loves to use sound and vibration to reveal the higher truths.  I have had many whiteout experiences but this and the two other anointments which followed, lifted my awareness to the point where the difference between oneself and all other selves is zero. There are no words, truly, but suffice it to say that such grand immersions are what leads me deeper and deeper into my daily spiritual practices.  Another benefit is a far greater feeling of interconnection with all other life forms engaged within this web of life we weave as an intricate collective whole.   _/|\_ _/|\_

bella17

Really glad to have found this thread and to see the insightful posts thus far, as it represents the intersection of two worlds that are important to me at this juncture of my life. (Hopefully someone out there is still reading!)

I am a yogi, studying and practicing from the traditional hatha background (as opposed to the Kundalini yoga teachings, which are a different methodology). I have not had a full kundalini awakening, but my kundalini has been open and mildly active for many years, particularly during meditation. Most noticeably, this comes in the form of subtle vibration, shaking, spontaneous movements that I am not controlling, etc. On a broader spectrum, it has also brought about many changes (good ones) in behavior patterns, such as eating habits, who I choose to hang out with, the direction I'm veering my life etc. On the flip side of that coin, it has also begun to drastically highlight all the things that need work... difficult things I have kept shoved neatly into those dark spaces.

I use yoga and meditation nowadays as a tool for spiritual growth, and as life and the process of going inward has started to intensify and I continue to face my own shadows head on, I have turned to exploring with various psychedelics in order to help me face the things that I'm having trouble getting to otherwise. This has been a slow process, as there has been a lot of fear on my part to "lose control" with psychedelics, but I am gaining an understanding that this is the exact reason I must persist.

My experience to date (mild mushroom trips, several ayahuasca ceremonies and most recently 5-meo) have all had one striking similarity: a strong energetic effect. A release or un-tapping of kundalini, manifesting in powerful energy surges, in some cases lasting for several hours. It was after my second ayahuasca ceremony a couple years ago this particular 8 hour (!) surge happened. This was, I believe, the moment that induced kundalini to start rising (as opposed to it mildly moving but not really going anywhere.) While most of these experiences have not been uncomfortable, per se, it's become clear to me that when I use psychedelics it directly affects the energy system in tangible ways. Needless to say, that 8hr experience was extremely draining.

While I know I cannot lump these different entheogens into one category, as their experiences and methodologies are all different, I can broadly say that I've never had much in the way of hallucinogenic effect (mildly with ayahuasca) but rather, there has always been a sense that the plant (or the 5-meo in that case) was working on the energy system itself as a way of "clearing the channels". This is in alignment with the yogic philosophy, which says we hold all of our experiences (good and bad) in an energetic seed called samskara's. These seeds are both in the energy body and the psyche. And the sole purpose of kundalini's rising is to methodically clear out those old samskara's (karma's) so that we may reach enlightenment through it's eventual connection to the crown chakra. I believe the nature of kundalini is such that it is an intelligent process and will move as we become ready for it to move, but I also believe that plant medicine is of this same intelligence, which is why it's been used for thousands of years in spiritual pursuit.

I understand that 5-meo theoretically opens up our crown chakra and gives us that experience of ultimate non-duality (enlightenment) but without "doing the work" and clearing the energy pathways (which also entails working on your psychology) we cannot reach that place for good. My experience with 5 was in no way earth shattering. I did not 'see god' or feel non-duality or any of that. Mostly, I just blacked out. But again, when coming back to reality, it unleashed a well of energy, this time all emotional. I cried uncontrollably.. neither happy nor sad. Just raw energy being released.

So... I'm not exactly sure that I have a question here, other than I've been giving a lot of thought lately to how my experience with my own rising kundalini is affecting and altering my experience with psychedelics. I do believe there is a harmony happening and the psychedelics are enhancing the process (which is my goal) but I also want to be mindful about the approach, as I know all to well (as others have posted) that kundalini energy is not something to fuck around with. So anyway, I'm glad to see a place where these two conversations merge. Thank you!

Rising Spirit

Quote from: bella17I am a yogi, studying and practicing from the traditional hatha background (as opposed to the Kundalini yoga teachings, which are a different methodology). I have not had a full kundalini awakening, but my kundalini has been open and mildly active for many years, particularly during meditation. Most noticeably, this comes in the form of subtle vibration, shaking, spontaneous movements that I am not controlling, etc.

Namaskar and welcome to the 5 Hive.  It's wonderful to have you onboard.  I assume, as a hatha yogi, you practice mantra japa and pranayama?  I have walked many roads and trained in various systems of meditation but they have all led deeper within and augmented greater surges of energy throughout the body.  Sadhana has been paramount to peeling away layers of dreaming illusion and mis-identification.  On the highest levels, we find that what we seek is our very own nature itself.    _/|\_ _/|\_

QuoteI use yoga and meditation nowadays as a tool for spiritual growth, and as life and the process of going inward has started to intensify and I continue to face my own shadows head on, I have turned to exploring with various psychedelics in order to help me face the things that I'm having trouble getting to otherwise. This has been a slow process, as there has been a lot of fear on my part to "lose control" with psychedelics, but I am gaining an understanding that this is the exact reason I must persist.

I feel that one of the greatest misnomers about the nature of conscious-awareness, especially where entheogens are concerned, is that we have any control over the process of ego death.  Each of us needs to let go, to allow for a certain undoing of the personal, mortal self.  Now as individuals, we do have tangible control over willing ourselves to embrace surrender, to accept being dissolved into the immense limitlessness of the sheer void.  And abject terror can be our teacher.  Fear is a mirror of sorts, revealing where we are attached and in so doing, how to release our attachments and face all fears as lessons in self-reflection.  That being said, I do believe that love is perhaps the greatest teacher of them all.  We lose ourselves when we love without reservation or any condition.   <3 <3   

QuoteMy experience to date (mild mushroom trips, several ayahuasca ceremonies and most recently 5-meo) have all had one striking similarity: a strong energetic effect. A release or un-tapping of kundalini, manifesting in powerful energy surges, in some cases lasting for several hours. It was after my second ayahuasca ceremony a couple years ago this particular 8 hour (!) surge happened. This was, I believe, the moment that induced kundalini to start rising (as opposed to it mildly moving but not really going anywhere.) While most of these experiences have not been uncomfortable, per se, it's become clear to me that when I use psychedelics it directly affects the energy system in tangible ways. Needless to say, that 8hr experience was extremely draining.

Psychedelics surely do open neural pathways into higher spheres of consciousness, flooding one's attention with a tremendous bloom of insight and as  suddenly, tears away the ordinary fabric of the dreaming self, which habitually blinds us to the living presence of the Divine, right before us and the epicenter within us, all along.  Without the false fascade of being an isolated organism, separate from everything else out there, the great web of life graciously reveals the interconnection and symbiosis inherent in all life.  Grace is huge!  This enlightenment can be realized without entheogens but the sacred medicines help to expediate the process of kundalini activation and gifts the direct interphase with the source.  Yet we all come down.  Dare we call it a preview? Such immense, expansive forces being released puts a lot of stress upon nadis within the subtle body, so less is more.   

QuoteWhile I know I cannot lump these different entheogens into one category, as their experiences and methodologies are all different, I can broadly say that I've never had much in the way of hallucinogenic effect (mildly with ayahuasca) but rather, there has always been a sense that the plant (or the 5-meo in that case) was working on the energy system itself as a way of "clearing the channels".

Agreed, they all have very unique qualities, characteristics and attributes.  Some gift more visuals, some more sonics.  "Hallucinations" are specifically, Ajna chakra phenomena and if you imbibe in higher does of real LSD or psilocybin mushrooms, these can get very complex and quite unbelievable.  Have you vaped N,N-DMT?  Talk about a kaleidoscopic journey!  5-MeO opens channels which attune to limitless effulgence.  Each plant teacher has it's own signature and specific, potent effects. 

But yeah, they do share the capacity to dramatically shift our attention and aid in dissolving the ego-self.  5-MeO-DMT is the very pinnacle of such a powerful catalyst and I feel that it is working with our most expanded fields of the mind's heart and via the immense release of cosmic juice, explodes the seeker into that which is sought.  I concur with James Orac, 5 is a wholly Sahasrara oriented experience.  This sacrement shows us that there is no true difference between the inside and the outside.  Atman is Brahman. 

QuoteI understand that 5-meo theoretically opens up our crown chakra and gives us that experience of ultimate non-duality (enlightenment) but without "doing the work" and clearing the energy pathways (which also entails working on your psychology) we cannot reach that place for good. My experience with 5 was in no way earth shattering. I did not 'see god' or feel non-duality or any of that. Mostly, I just blacked out. But again, when coming back to reality, it unleashed a well of energy, this time all emotional. I cried uncontrollably.. neither happy nor sad. Just raw energy being released.

Learning from the Toad or it's synthetic counterpart is a difficult path.  Certainly, the biggest challenge is in maintaining focus during the peak.  As the subject/object dichotomy vanishes, as individuality evaporates in the plume of the rise into Samadhi...  holding attention can be derailed and such blackouts or more correctly put, whiteouts, obscuring our remembrance of the self-shattering eclipsing with the infinity that is God.  There is just the One.  Meditation is so key to strengthening our concentration.  Ultimately, our inner vision blossoms beyond the relative perception into the transcendence of the Absolute state and this is why we are here now (where we always been and shall forever be).   _/|\_ _/|\_

Rising Spirit

I'd like to briefly touch upon the state of mind which our beloved sacrement shapes.  I feel that it is key for us to understand that conscious-awareness does in fact exist without any thought, as a primary fulcrum of beingness.  Absense of mental dialog is still a vital focal point of keen observation.   The Zen tradition terms this state as, No Mind.  The great quietude.    _/|\_ _/|\_

It effulgently pulses in sheerest resplendence without need of conceptualization or quantification.  The biggest hurdle any voyager faces is the rememberance of WTF actually happens when the thinking process is frozen, or more accurately, is rapidly dissolved (albeit temporarily). 

This is essentially where deep meditation is of vital importance, for without ideas and conditioned mental modes of cognitive operation (one's  normal modus operendi), there is the life changing experience of being something else, something immense, ineffible and wholly spiritual in nature.  Unborn and ageless, yet all pervasive and ancient.

Holding focus throughout the peak reveals interiors within interiors, whose epicenter is wholly formless and undifferentiated without fixation.  I humbly confess that as terrifying as thus can be...  it blooms into the greatest bliss imaginable.  Just an afterthought.   Enjoy this eternal moment, guys.  <3 <3