dark room recipe

Started by free-range, July 02, 2017, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

free-range

Dark room retreat, vision quest style:

pineal gland decalcification during the weeks leading up to it
no food
no water
dark room dome with plumbing and insulation (stable temp and sound proof)
4 days, three nights

complete white out about 2.5-3 days in
—surrender completes us—

Handshake

I'm a bit skeptical of this book. There are lots of unsupported claims that are made regarding 5-MeO-DMT synthesis, claims about Pinoline, and misspellings of the word Serotonin (book spells it Seratonin). I would be interested in more formal and substantiated evidence to back up these claims and I do think there is great potential for researching Dark Room Retreats as ways to activate the same headspace as 5-MeO-DMT.

Child Horus

St. John of the Cross was placed in a dark cell for almost a year where he underwent his revelatory transformation and mystical experiences with the light, and he came forth as one of the most well documented Christian mystics renaissance era.  In his "Dark Night of the Soul" he describes the ascent of the soul from the ego self to its death and union with the light of the unknowable God.  It is not known that he had any exposure to entheogenic substances, but he may have been exposed to medieval mystical teachings.  I always assumed his imprisonment in darkness was what developed his endogenous entheogenic experience which allowed his beautiful poetic expression. 
The wHole is in the pArt

free-range

I hear you Humble Voyager. I make no claims other than my direct experience. The dark room experience was almost identical to a full release with 5-MeO. Mapping how that happens is not my strength.

Child Horus: to me, the dark room IS the mystical teaching itself. Like with any experiential knowledge, in my opinion, one need not receive any other teachings to 'know'.
—surrender completes us—

Handshake

Quote from: free-range on December 13, 2017, 01:05:17 AM
I hear you Humble Voyager. I make no claims other than my direct experience. The dark room experience was almost identical to a full release with 5-MeO. Mapping how that happens is not my strength.

Child Horus: to me, the dark room IS the mystical teaching itself. Like with any experiential knowledge, in my opinion, one need not receive any other teachings to 'know'.

Free-range, have you experienced a dark room retreat?

free-range

Yes, that's what I described in the original thread that had initiated this thread....
—surrender completes us—

Handshake

Quote from: free-range on December 24, 2017, 12:15:14 AM
Yes, that's what I described in the original thread that had initiated this thread....

Fascinating! Would love to hear more about your experience. In the original post, it seemed like a recipe or suggestion of what could create that state rather than a personal account, if that makes sense.