Main Menu

Yopo

Started by uncletedly, June 17, 2019, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncletedly

I have bought seeds to make yopo from a supplier of botanicals and attempted, following available recipes to make the snuff. After several tries I was disappointed as I had only minimal results. I was given yopo from a Venezuelan source which was compounded there by a native shaman who is known for his yopo. It was explained to me that unless it was made from seeds from trees that the shaman has used for years and compounded correctly I was wasting my time. Little has been written about yopo and the best yopo is rarely available. First I was given a cup of caapi tea then waited about fifty minutes before snuffing about a gram of powdered yopo through a tube. About a gram of powder, which is a lot, was snuffed. It was much easier in my sinuses than my own attempts had been. The ph must be in the correct range or it can be very uncomfortable. There was some stinging but it was tolerable. I vomited a while after snorting it and went through an uncomfortable phase of purging and purification for about 45 minutes. I then snorted about the same amount again. I soon entered a space of healing. I felt spirit "doctors" in my body who worked on healing and clearing my subtle channels for what was to come. It was communicated to me that before I entered the light my body needed to be prepared for it. It seemed as if various organs were being worked on and I was "rewired" to be able to handle the experience. When the healing phase came to an end The inner doors were opened and I was ushered into the light. This experience is similar to toad but I was even more aware. After being there for what seemed like eternity, I slowly became aware of my body as I re-entered my normal state and came fully back into my body. The experience was almost three hours from when I snuffed my first dose. I have done toad around a dozen times and found yopo to have far more depth and length. I was told yopo without caapi is about a twenty minute experience. I suspect the select trees which provided the basis for the mixture had far more 5 MeO-DMT in them than what one finds online. It was highly visual, probably due to DMT being present. I would say the result was like toad times ten.

Handshake

Great to see some Yopo reports in here. It is interesting to note that in Yopo, amounts of 5-MeO-DMT are actually quite negligible so most of the effects are likely due to bufotenine and DMT. It is interesting to hear that people find yopo experiences to have some qualities similar to 5-MeO-DMT though and these reports are always very interesting. It's also been intriguing to hear about the ever increasing popular practice of people taking ayahuasca vine before yopo to increase the effects.

uncletedly

I question the source stating that yopo has only negligible amounts of 5-MeO-DMT. It may be that only the yopo seeds from Brazil were tested. That is what is easily available from online sources. I got very little effect from preparations made from these seeds. The yopo that it was like using ayahuasca and toad together. It sure seems that yopo did have 5 in it and the effect was stronger than toad alone and lasted for hours, probably due to the caapi tea. This yopo came from an isolated area of Venezuela that is off limits to outsiders. This area is known for potent yopo. Tests should be run on this yopo. It's like saying cannabis only contains 3% THC because the dirt weed they tested was weak, while some can contain 24% THC.

uncletedly

The yopo from the area that mine came from is always taken after caapi. In other areas caapi is not used and the snuff effects are only around 20 minutes.

Handshake

Quote from: uncletedly on July 04, 2019, 06:59:34 PM
I question the source stating that yopo has only negligible amounts of 5-MeO-DMT. It may be that only the yopo seeds from Brazil were tested. That is what is easily available from online sources. I got very little effect from preparations made from these seeds. The yopo that it was like using ayahuasca and toad together. It sure seems that yopo did have 5 in it and the effect was stronger than toad alone and lasted for hours, probably due to the caapi tea. This yopo came from an isolated area of Venezuela that is off limits to outsiders. This area is known for potent yopo. Tests should be run on this yopo. It's like saying cannabis only contains 3% THC because the dirt weed they tested was weak, while some can contain 24% THC.

This would be very interesting to check, indeed! Perhaps we can do a little science project? Would it be possible to get a sample of this yopo you're talking about tested?

uncletedly

Handshake

Quote from: uncletedly on July 15, 2019, 08:21:57 PM
Where?

Are you asking where would the yopo sample be sent? If that is the question, I have a connection to a facility with an HPLC that could run an analysis on the yopo alkaloid content.

RoundAbout

Quote from: uncletedly on June 17, 2019, 06:13:51 PMLittle has been written about yopo and the best yopo is rarely available.
There's a decent summary in Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of Ancient South America. The full text is available here: https://the-eye.eu/public/concen.org/Entheogens%20Psychedelic%20Shamanism%20LSD%20DMT%20Psilocybin%20Cannabis/FILES/DMT%20Anadenanthera%20Visionary%20Plant%20of%20Ancient%20South%20America%20by%20Torres%20Repke.pdf

It appears all analyses indicate bufotenine as the only concentrated alkaloid in seeds. Some indicate a higher weight % of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT in low quantities, but I don't think that is relevant... these are seed preparations not extracts after all.

It would be interesting to have your material analyzed.

uncletedly

Humble Voyager...  C[size=78%]heck your messages.[/size]

Handshake

Messages checked and responded to. Hope to update this thread with an analysis in the next few months :)

moonbeam

Handshake

No unfortunately :(