Main Menu

hi

Started by jamie, November 28, 2017, 11:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie

hi
Hello..my name is Jamie. I have been around the nexus and other forums for some time.

Im here mostly out of interest in continued research on tryptamines in general. I believe in underground research, and I have seen what has come out of the nexus. I have done work in the past with alkaloids of anadenanthera species in particular bufotenin which I have written about elsewhere which has led me to question the theory put forth by some currently that Alvarius was the Mayan Toad. I have some opinions on that and why I think it may have  been marinus, but can get into that elsewhere :)

...I have done work extracting diff strains and species of phalaris grasses, including extracts  with weird tryptamines and beta carbolines like 5-MeO-NMT showing up in analysis and this is always an ongoing experiment as I grow this stuff and play around..might as well log it here.

Anyway..I have worked with most of these medicines from meo to iboga etc..Im a 33yr old guy in the PNW and I work in horticulture..its my life and what I do..and these plants are the reason. I have spent a great deal of the last 15 years researching these things..jumping around in academic studies from anthropolgy to horticulture..but my  fascination and utter dedication to these special plants and compounds has always been my muse.

Have I had success with 5-MeO like exerpiences with grasses? yes. Low level effects. I have strains going of interest that have been somewhat successful. Nothing like a full on light out with the pure crystal. I have a strain of aquatica I suspect has both the tryptamines of most interest I throw in brews with acacias. I dont have enough info to say much more about that atm and am hoping to find a venue to share and learn more about this particular tryptamine and continue research into botanical sources.

oh...my only experience with meo is with the synthetic crystal snuffed, vaped and sublingual with beta carbolines. It's a rare compound in my life and I have not seen the pure crystal in two years....ummm I grow lots of cactus, and fungi stuff. Thats all for now folks  :)

Handshake

Hey there Jamie, and welcome!

It's really exciting to hear of someone working with plant extracts, as that is an area that is severely understudied in regards to 5-MeO-DMT (at least to the common knowledge). I think you may have a good point about Bufo Marinus, that would be an interesting discussion for the General Discussion board. I would be very interested in reading what your thoughts are!

Looking forward to reading your logs of experiments with various phalaris grasses. We have a thread going on this subject here: 5-MeO-DMT in Phalaris grass species and some other cool plant extraction discussion here: Best natural sources for 5-MeO-DMT.

Let the research begin!
:)

Flux

Hi Jamie and welcome,

I am fascinated to hear more about your experiments with Phalaris as this is often touted as a viable plant-based source of 5-MeO, but rarely does one hear of individuals having success with extractions. So if there are Beta Carbolines in Phalaris is it orally active (or are the levels too low) and what are the qualitative effects in a brew. Be sure to check out the section Plant Based 5-MeO-DMT Experiences and Testimonials

So what is the connection between Anadenanthera and Bufotenin in relation to Bufo Alvarius as the Mayan Toad ? Interested to hear more about your academic studies particularly relating to Entheogenic Anthropology.

I hope the 5-Hive will be such a venue that you share and learn from too, especially in your capacity to contribute to research around botanical sources of 5-MeO-DMT.

cheers,

Flux