Main Menu

Greetings from the Abyss of Clarity

Started by Child Horus, November 29, 2017, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Child Horus

Just buzzing into the hive to relax and do some research.  I havn't put anything in my body to change my brain since college where I had some seriously powerful experiences with psilocybe cubensis.  After paying a hefty sum for Transcendental Meditation mantra, I went on a 12 year endogenous nectar hunt.  Toad medicine looks like the real deal though, and I think I am ready to partake in some serious neuro-hacking.  Who knows how much time we have on earth, so if enlightenment can be commodified to fit an American consumer diet, then why not trade my digital trading chips in for a system update.

At 12 I had my entire colon removed due to ulcerative colitis.  It turned black and died!! The doctors created a "j-pouch" out of my small intestine to act as an artificial large intestine, so I'm just like everyone else deep down inside, just shorter...  That's why I got into a serious search for natural medicine at a young age and found a lot of comfort in cannabis through my teenage years.  In college, I studied philosophy full time and got heavy into Pythagoreanism, Platonism, hermeticism, neo-platonism, and eastern scriptures.  I even took initiation into Ancient and Accepted Freemasonry, and had a peak experience after my Master Mason degree whence I got my hands on a good ounce of cubensis caps, and went into a mystic frenzy for about a week considering my own flesh to be the abode of god almighty.  I fasted during this time and frightened my intimates because the energy and drama was megolomanic. 

After coming back to the small limited version of myself, I spent a year performing my worldly duties in an isolated and perhaps sadened state.  I ended my entheogenic quest, but the mystic way slowly began to reveal itself again in the form of TM and afterwords other practices stemming out of India.  Now I am 33, and after a few kambo sessions (which I am quite happy with), I am very attracted towards the medicine of the toad having watched many youtube videos and talks, podcasts, and readings.  I even found a practitioner who works with the medicine, so the opportunity to ascend to the luminous star atop the Christmas tree may come sooner than later.  Plus exploring all these threads of information and revelation gives me something interesting to fix my mind upon after the noble but tedious work of Union labor which I embark on daily to service the world and pay for my bread. 

A final note, I think I might be slightly on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum.  Nobody has ever 'diagnosed' me or anything like that, but for 8 years I worked as a child development counselor with special needs children, and now that I am out of the field and into the technical trades, I see some similarities in the way in which my brain works and a few of the signatures of high functioning autism.  By this, I mean the way in which I hyper-focus on topics of particular interest to myself, and wish to project them into conversations where they don't belong, and also the way in which I hyper-intellectualize everything.  But whatever, I'm only a human being right.  Which means my brain and sacred spinal column are capable of unspeakable mysteries.  And so I've put in a good effort to keep it clean just incase the light of eternity ever decides to flood the temple and cascade the conscious observer into an oblivion of awe.  Perhaps the toad will quicken the process.  We shall all see, and maybe I'll even let you know once I come back from the other side!!  Love you all.

-R

IMG 2514" border="0

ps:

To Rafael:
I listened to a podcast you were on from Psychedelics Today, and a few minutes in I heard the host mention his name and that he was giving away a bunch of books on the website to raffle winners.  The name was one I was familiar with, so I looked up the website and low and behold, there was Joe who was a year ahead of me at University and who I sat in Eastern Philosophy with (we both having the same major).  So listening to that podcast is probably the reason I am registering as a user here today even though I have browsed this site once or twice before. 

keep it syncretic
The wHole is in the pArt

Flux

Greetings Child Horus and welcome,

A fascinating intersection of fields that you are interested in and feel free to contribute to the Science & Spirituality section or start a topic. I was curious if you have heard of, or read the recently published book by P.D.Newman called; 'Alchemically Stoned: The Psychedelic Secret of Freemasonry '. There have also been a few studies recently (as well as in the 60s) utilising psychedelics to various symptoms of autism and Asperger's which may be of interest.

Good to hear you have found a practitioner - and hopefully one you feel entirely comfortable with. There are several posts here addressing key points in the process of choosing someone to serve this medicine. Remember you are choosing, not only someone to provide a smooth transition to the 'other side', but someone who will provide a conducive space for you to re-enter 'the self' within and safeguard your body while your mind and spirit merge with their source.

cheers,

Flux

Handshake

Welcome Child Horus,

A really fascinating story you have there! I am excited to see your ontological contributions to this space and your participation in the topics that will surely follow. This is a ripe time for discussion!

Cool that you came here from the podcast, Joe and Kyle are awesome guys.

Child Horus

I have not heard of 'Alchemically Stoned: The Psychedelic Secret of Freemasonry ', but I am really looking forward to reading it.  When I took my Master Mason degree back in 2003, I smoked cannabis right before the ceremony.  It had profound and life changing effects on my life and outlook towards self-development, service to humanity, the function of human incarnation, the quest for truth, and even death itself.  Who could have known, a bunch of crusty old men in tuxedos could have so effected the consciousness of an eager yet naive 19 year old??
The wHole is in the pArt