Main Menu

The Beginning of Rainbowland

Started by Shy Violet, April 29, 2017, 10:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy Violet

I am grateful for the opportunity to access a space where people of like-mind can come together to hold open, genuine, and productive conversations on the topic of best practices, ethical behavior, and ecological considerations surrounding the use of 5-MeO-DMT. This unique tool nature has ingeniously provided for us which comes in various forms: a blade of grass, the sap of a tree, the flesh of a seed, or the gland of a toad, is certainly making a strong appearance in the global field we find ourselves embedded within. My prayer is that we heed and honor the message this little molecule delivers by upholding ourselves and each other to an impeccable standard of accountability, responsibility, authenticity and sensibility.

In the last five years, the world has seen a huge surge in the popularity of this once obscure naturally occurring tryptamine, specifically the form sourced from the Sonoran Desert toad. Not that many years ago (10?), some toad practitioners were swearing  the people they served to utter secrecy, particularly about the identity of the "sacrament". Cat's out of the bag and for sure warrants rigorous study and open-hearted discussion on sustainable practices and best ways to move forward in a way that doesn't threaten the viability of the endemic amphibian species that has made the Sonoran Desert landscape its home for untold millennia.

I feel that as a global community, we have turned a blind eye on a big problem that has emerged in the world of contemporary pseudo-shamanism. My hope is that we can use this medium to compassionately and objectively undertake the task of retracing our steps back, take corrective action and move forward with wholesome integrity.

I trust that this forum will be used as a platform to further expand our view and understanding of the role this natural compound plays in our contemporary society and culture. That we will be able to explore and engage in a dialogue that allows us all to shine new light into areas of our collective shadow, and humbly take responsibility and own our blindspots so we can grow as individuals and as a congruent and internally cohesive community of psychonauts, practitioners, researchers, and advocates.

Xzen

I feel that as a global community, we have turned a blind eye on a big problem that has emerged in the world of contemporary pseudo-shamanism. My hope is that we can use this medium to compassionately and objectively undertake the task of retracing our steps back, take corrective action and move forward with wholesome integrity.

I applaud this direct comment, & the entirety of your message.

Thank you for gracing the community with your intention & wisdom, Shy Violet.

Welcome ~*~

Flux

Welcome Shy Violet,

Thank you for this sharing and for your presence.

As you will see there is a section titled 'Ethics & ecology' in which we hope to cultivate a productive dialogue regarding the health and longevity of the Bufo Alvarius toad and to raise awareness of the issues facing this extraordinary species amongst the shamanic medicine community and consumers of toad medicine. If you feel so inclined it would be great to seed this section with a post bringing to light some of the many challenges presented by supply and demand around this medicine, the ethics of conservation, changing climatic conditions and other environmental pressures.

Gracias,

Flux

Shy Violet

Hello Flux,

Thank you for the invitation to seed the section of Ethics and Ecology. I will take you up on it very soon. I appreciate the encouragement :)

Upward and onward!

Xzen

Quote from: Xzen on April 30, 2017, 05:43:21 PM

I applaud this direct comment, & the entirety of your message.

Thank you for gracing the community with your intention & wisdom, Shy Violet.

Welcome ~*~

Truly a powerful introduction, Shy Violet.

May we inspire one-another, as well as other's, to continue this discussion.

Love
Xzen