Main Menu

Old Man still Evolving

Started by evolving, February 13, 2021, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evolving

Greeting fellow Psychonauts,I've been following the psychedelic movement for about five years now. I would love to have a breakthrough of the likes described by many.  But there seems to be a barrier that prevents me from getting to the other side.  I went to Amsterdam to participate in a trial of psylocibin therapy.  We did four sessions of varying strength doses.  I had three sessions where I had very little in the way of visuals and opening; I had one large dose session that was extremely pleasurable but did not cross over.  I did have a very peaceful demeanor for days following but this of course faded over time.  But it continues to make me curious about what could happen in the future and how might other substances help.  Since then I've tried sessions of LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MEO-DMT (I had trouble getting a full hit of this - very intense for about a minute but then faded fast).  Anyway, still hopeful, still learning, and still evolving.Dave

Handshake

Rising Spirit

Quote from: evolving on February 13, 2021, 10:39:45 AMBut it continues to make me curious about what could happen in the future and how might other substances help.  Since then I've tried sessions of LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MEO-DMT (I had trouble getting a full hit of this - very intense for about a minute but then faded fast).  Anyway, still hopeful, still learning, and still evolving.Dave

Welcome aboard,  brother.  I am curious what you've done, in terms of preparation and/or practices, so as to build receptivity to the sacred medicines and train oneself in surrendering conditioned mindsets.  I find sitting and moving meditation key to my capacity to release myself during ceremony.  And I personally feel that age is never a barrier to breakthroughs.  My own inaugural voyage with 5-MeO-DMT happened just 3 months prior to my 60th birthday.  Honestly, I initially thought I might actually stroke out...  but that was simply my fear being ripped away faster than I was comfortable with, given the rapidity of my heartbeat and the quick onset of self erasure and all.  That said, my ten journeys are perhaps the greatest blessing to have happened in my entire lifetime.  Please share something of your 5 experiences in the proper subforum.  It's great to have you join the fold.   _/|\_ _/|\_

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Lala155

My magic mushroom experience was pushed me to the other side as they say. I owe this to the intention work I did ahead of time and integration work afterwards. Best to you on your journey.