Author Topic: Overstimulation and Insomnia: How Long and How to Deal?  (Read 32 times)

Offline SeekingEnlightenment

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Overstimulation and Insomnia: How Long and How to Deal?
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »

Hello Toad Sisters and Brothers!

I just introduced myself here:https://forums.5meodmt.org/index.php?topic=51006.0

I could really use the insight and wisdom of others more experienced than I.

Just over a week ago I had my first complete 5-MeO experience, after a partial experience last spring. The earlier experience was 100% positive--all love/joy, and no side effects. So there was no way I could anticipate my second experience, which was more complete, and yet also so much more difficult--especially in the extended physical side effects.

I experienced ego dissolution, infinite awareness, a state beyond bliss. For 15 minutes. And then I experienced an incredibly jarring re-entry into bodily awareness. Intense over-stimulation. Wild involuntary movements. Confusion and terror. That only lasted 20 minutes.

But the after-effects keep going and going. No sleep for 36 hours. Disturbed and confused sleep most nights since. Periods of intense physical over-stimulation where my heart will pound hard. My dosage was in the middle of the "strong" range (15 mg), but I have reason to believe I am extra sensitive to 5-MeO. (My previous experience was at a dosage no one else in the group responded to, but I had a profound experience on it.) Also, I reportedly held my breath longer than most do. The dose I got was without question too high for me.

I have experienced God, from the inside. The experience was beyond what I could have hoped. And yet, now, I'm frightened about how long it will take my body to readjust and normalize. The sleep deprivation causes all kinds of problems of its own. The trend is toward improvement. But it's a slow and irregular trend.

I don't know what's happening, for how long, or what to do about it.

I want to integrate the beautiful realizations I've had into my life, but much of my attention seems to be taken up by dealing with the upending of my ordinary life by all the wild physical after-effects.

How long might I expect the physical after-shocks to continue? And what can I do to return my body to normalcy, calm it down, and get some good sleep...?

I know sleep problems are not uncommon, and I'm sure much of this sounds familiar to a number of others. I could sure use the wisdom of your experience.

SE